My g/f's Storm shows her status as away/busy quite frequently when she's not. Even if we're in the car the icon is there and it will not deliver a message in BB messenger.
    Also the icon in the upper corner says "Off" randomly and then it switches and delivers messages and vm's all at once. Over 20 today like it had been "Off" for a while.
    Other than the icon the screen looks normal and the phone features work.

Any advice wold be appreciated, thanks.
    02-16-09 10:31 PM
    Off usually refers to the radio being off. Are you sure she's not accidentally turning the radio off somehow? Away/busy might be when BBM "queries" her to see if she's available, and her phone doesn't respond due to the radio being off. The main issue sounds to me like the radio somehow turning on and off.
    02-16-09 10:37 PM
    Off usually refers to the radio being off. Are you sure she's not accidentally turning the radio off somehow? Away/busy might be when BBM "queries" her to see if she's available, and her phone doesn't respond due to the radio being off. The main issue sounds to me like the radio somehow turning on and off.
    Thanks... being she's not too up on how the thing works, and I have a Curve, how would I go about checking that and what would I look for/change as far as making sure she's not turning it off. I know she accidentally hits the Mute button a lot..
    02-16-09 10:47 PM
    as far as I'm aware the only place to turn the radio on/off is through the manage connections icon on the home screen (unless you moved it) Theres a turn all on/off option first, then a Mobile network option next
    02-16-09 10:51 PM
    Thanks.... I'll check it out!!
    02-16-09 10:52 PM
    Have you noticed anything else going on? Low signal? Low battery? Anything else when that happens?
    02-16-09 10:56 PM
    none that I'm aware of but I just notice the BB messenger issue from MY end and she noticed the OFF icon a couple times and mentioned it yesterday and showed me the screen.

I'll get a hold of her phone and play with it today, I've been wanting to goof around with it anyway to see if I really want one when/if T-Mo ever gets it.
    02-17-09 06:44 AM
    There was a rare issue with 8700's where the radio would randomly shut off, but unfortunately I don't think a solution was ever found. May be a glitch in the OS that was eventually fixed. There is a chance that this is happening as well, but this would be the first case of this i've heard
    02-17-09 11:48 AM
    There was a rare issue with 8700's where the radio would randomly shut off, but unfortunately I don't think a solution was ever found. May be a glitch in the OS that was eventually fixed. There is a chance that this is happening as well, but this would be the first case of this i've heard
    I'll have to see what model and version she has.. It probably won't be till tomorrow though. Is RIM offering any type or resolve for the glitch that you know of? If it's in the OS then a version upgrade wouldn't fix it would it?

If it's rare.... her phone probably has it. Just the kind of luck she has.

Thanks for all your help!!!
    02-17-09 07:58 PM
    lol no problem. like I said this is the first instance of this happening that i've heard of. if it persists, and if you're comfortable with it, you can try a beta OS or an OS reload with .75 again to try and see if that fixes it. or get a replacement from VZW, if it persists that is. Other people with 8700's basically had the problem disappear on them eventually.
    02-17-09 09:28 PM
    I don't know the model... I know it's a touch screen, that's about it. I haven't had my hands on it long enough to do anything but show her about the BB Messenger.
    02-17-09 09:37 PM
    well once you're familiar with one BB you're pretty much familiar with them all (OS wise).

Nice sig btw, i just noticed it
    02-17-09 09:45 PM
    Thanks... you might be the first.
    My curve is ok but I think I want more.. Besides, the trackball is kind of a pest and it's slower than I'd like.
    v6 or 7 or whatever she has is kind of the same but I didn't get to play with it for more than 2 minutes and had to give it back.
    02-17-09 10:32 PM
    lol well keep me updated on what you find out about the radio thing (if she's doing anything, etc) and we'll go from there. how long has she had it for
    02-17-09 11:30 PM
    about a month and a half. I still haven't had time to play with it for more than about 30 seconds... I'll keep you posted.
    02-21-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD