I don't want email automatically downloaded. How do I do this. I am very new with the Storm (just bought it yesterday).

Thanks, in advance, for any help

Carolscats
    02-17-09 10:21 PM
    Login here: bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus
    and remove your e-mail accounts
    02-17-09 10:42 PM
    Login here: bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus
    and remove your e-mail accounts
    Doing that will delete your email accounts off of your phone. If you were looking for a way to keep the accounts on the phone but to manually check the email, there isn't a way to do that since BIS pushes the mail to you.
    02-17-09 11:35 PM
    i think u can do that by turning off your data services on option - mobile network.
    TQ.
    02-18-09 01:23 AM
    i think u can do that by turning off your data services on option - mobile network.
    TQ.
    Heh... That will turn off all data communications. No E-Mail, phone, web, IM, etc.

Blackberry is primarily an E-mail device. That is the platform it was built on. If you dont want E-Mail coming in to your device, best suggestion was a few posts above. Go to the Blackberry Internet Service site and remove your E-Mail account. Then you can just visit your E-Mail on the web browser and send through there.

But if you ask me, your defeating the purpose of having a Blackberry.
    02-18-09 07:21 AM
    remove your email accounts OR....

Go into BIS, go into the filters for each account, select "when no filters apply: DO NOT FORWARD TO PHONE"

Did this past weekend as I didn't want to get my work emails. Worked like a charm. Re-enabled the forwarding on Monday.
    02-18-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD