Just wondering how many of you out there use the automatic brightness dim mode on your Storm? I still use it but I find it to be annoying to a point I believe I'm going to turn it off and just fix my backlight at around 40-50%. Does this mode actually increase battery life? It's always lowering the brightness randomly for no reason.
    06-08-09 07:34 PM
    Just wondering how many of you out there use the automatic brightness dim mode on your Storm? I still use it but I find it to be annoying to a point I believe I'm going to turn it off and just fix my backlight at around 40-50%. Does this mode actually increase battery life? It's always lowering the brightness randomly for no reason.
    it isnt for no reason. it auto dims based on the surrounding light source. if its bright and sunny, the feature will boost the screen brightness to the max you have set for easier viewing. it dims randomly because you moved the phone. even if its only a little bit, the change in external brightness (tilting it to a maybe slightly darker area, not noticable by you) will dim the display.
    06-08-09 07:41 PM
    I find it works well for me. When the surrounding lighting conditions are bright, the screen will brighten so it is easier to see. In a dimly lit room, the screen will dim accordingly, its easier on the eyes this way.

But... set it the way you wish. One of those things that is a personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 07:46 PM
    I find it works well for me. When the surrounding lighting conditions are bright, the screen will brighten so it is easier to see. In a dimly lit room, the screen will dim accordingly, its easier on the eyes this way.

But... set it the way you wish. One of those things that is a personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    in my case i found that 20% is plenty bright. that and with the auto dim feature on i get great battery life. i just took the phone outside in direct sunlight and set the brightness to as low as i could possibly tollerate it.
    06-08-09 07:50 PM
    I leave my backlight set to 10% and leave auto dim on. I find that it works great. At night time when in a dark room, it's not too bright to the point where it starts to bother your eyes, then when I go into the bright sun, it brightens up so I can see what's on my screen. I find it does help battery life a little bit.
    06-08-09 07:53 PM
    I leave my backlight set to 10% and leave auto dim on. I find that it works great. At night time when in a dark room, it's not too bright to the point where it starts to bother your eyes, then when I go into the bright sun, it brightens up so I can see what's on my screen.
    On .148 my screen is much brighter. Doesn't work as well in dark tho set @ 10 w/auto dim. OS still in flux...just did OTA.
    06-09-09 01:29 AM
    does anyone know were the light sensor on the phone is?
    06-09-09 01:40 AM
    does anyone know were the light sensor on the phone is?
    It's by the LED.
    06-09-09 01:43 AM
    It's by the LED.
    Like how far away? I hate when I accidentally cover it haha
    06-09-09 01:53 AM
    Like how far away? I hate when I accidentally cover it haha
    Just pretend the LED is the sensor.
    06-09-09 02:04 AM

i turned it off and leave the brightness at 10% 10 percent seems to save a ton of battery and honestly the phone is bright enough using it
    06-09-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD