first off im going to put out there that i am a complete new hand to the blackberry so please bear with me. today out of the clear blue sky my storm decided to no longer auto dim and black out the screen when the phone is not being used (i.e. sittin on my desk, pocket...). i have tried to play with the settings in the screen/keyboard menu to little avail. with changing the setting to 10 seconds the phone will black out only to light back up a minute or two later and staying light until i change the timeout setting again and so repeats the problem of it turning back on. i havent loaded any apps in a wek or two and actually deleted some apps i thought might be running in the background forcing the phone to stay bright. i cant think of anything else but completely wiping the phone and i dont want to have to reinstall everything and add all my music again. can anyone help???
    04-29-09 09:49 PM
    back up your data and then reload the phone. you will not lose the things on your SDcard.

i remember another member posting about a similar problem.
    that person figured out it was the trapster app that was constantly waking up the phone.
    04-29-09 09:52 PM
    trapster is on of the apps deleted but i hadnt used it in some time nor even turned it on. and again im quite a greenhorn to this so how would i go about backing up data and reloading the phone.
    04-29-09 09:55 PM
    What OS are you using? If your that new it's likely .75 and I had that issue with the early builds too. Consider upgrading the OS.
    04-29-09 09:59 PM
    Try a battery pull seems to help fix a lot of bb problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD