I have the Sony MDR-7506 full ear headphones and when I use them on the Storm i get cut out like the audio connection is loose. I went to the Verizon store today and the tech plugged in the stock headphones from my box that I brought back with me thinking I had a problem and they worked perfectly. He said the reason for it is stereo headphones don't have the third wiring for the microphone and that was causing the loose connection. So I went to Radio Shack and got an iPhone adapter that added the microphone wiring (3 slots in the audio jack) but it didn't work on my Storm. The audio never switched from the speaker to the headphones. Can anyone recommend an adapter that will work with Storm?
    02-07-09 10:56 PM
    I use a set of Sony MDR V150 Stereo headphones and dont have any issues with music cutting out. Im not totally convinced that is your issue...
    02-07-09 11:09 PM
    Yeah, that seems like a strange condition on your Storm. I don't think you should need an adapter. I have regularly used conventional headphones of multiple types on my storm with absolutely no problems; they've sounded as good as they do plugged into my Zune.

Have you tried using your headphones in another device or another set of headphones on your Storm?
    02-07-09 11:34 PM
    Yeah, that seems like a strange condition on your Storm. I don't think you should need an adapter. I have regularly used conventional headphones of multiple types on my storm with absolutely no problems; they've sounded as good as they do plugged into my Zune.

Have you tried using your headphones in another device or another set of headphones on your Storm?
    The Sony headphones work perfectly on my laptop and other computer; I would call the connection "snug." The stock Verizon headphones for the Storm work perfectly in the Storm and the connection is "snug." The Sony headphones in the Storm has cut out and I would not call the connection "snug."

In Slacker when using the Sony headphones if I wiggle the connection Slacker skips to the next song???? I think it's got to have something to do with with the microphone wiring in the Storm that's the only thing I can think of.... The stock headphones from Verizon does not cause Slacker to skip songs if I try to wiggle the connection.

So do I have a bad port in your opinion? I'll have to find another set of 3.5mm stereo headphones and see what happens. I'll post back.
    02-07-09 11:49 PM
    Just for reference, I have been sitting here using my Sony headphones on my Storm since I replied and havent had the issue. Ive even played with the plug a bit, twisting it and moving it. I have yet to have it cut out at all. The only way ive gotten the music to stop is to pull the plug out to the next "notch"

Oh, and the connection is definetely "snug" with my sony headphones and the Storm. I think you have a bad headphone jack.
    02-07-09 11:55 PM
    Ok, I can't find any other headphones around where in the ?!?! are they...anyway I found an adapter that has a volume control on it. I plugged that into the Storm and then plugged my Sony headphones into that. Wiggling around the plug causes cut out. I'm convinced there is a problem with the audio jack. I just backed down to .75 to return the Storm today and when i didn't return it I put .99 back on today. I think I'm going to wait a week to downgrade again before taking the Storm back and get another one. This upgrading is so time consuming especially reconfiguring the apps after loading. I still have until the 16th for the 30 day return. I do think this phone is awesome!
    02-08-09 12:13 AM
    Ok, I can't find any other headphones around where in the ?!?! are they...anyway I found an adapter that has a volume control on it. I plugged that into the Storm and then plugged my Sony headphones into that. Wiggling around the plug causes cut out. I'm convinced there is a problem with the audio jack. I just backed down to .75 to return the Storm today and when i didn't return it I put .99 back on today. I think I'm going to wait a week to downgrade again before taking the Storm back and get another one. This upgrading is so time consuming especially reconfiguring the apps after loading. I still have until the 16th for the 30 day return. I do think this phone is awesome!
    Haha, I know the feeling of not being able to find a pair of headphones around the house! Also, agreed that the phone is awesome. It's my first BlackBerry and now I'm addicted.

Between this info and PriceJ's reponse, it definitely sounds like an audio jack problem to me, especially considering you've tried it with both the .75 OS and the .99. I'd suugest trying to find another pair of headphones before the 16th just to double check, and then get it replaced. I don't know where you bought your Storm, but I had no problem getting mine replaced at Best Buy for an Invisible Shield installation problem and screen click problem.
    02-08-09 12:26 AM
    I don't know where you bought your Storm, but I had no problem getting mine replaced at Best Buy for an Invisible Shield installation problem and screen click problem.
    Just curious when you got your new Storm did you load your 3rd party apps from backup? Say I've got my backup folder from my old Storm <pin>\<pin>.alf and then try to restore to the new Storm I assume I can restore the apps? It's not that big of a deal because I have the problem currently where DM doesn't backup all my 3rd party apps. I had to reinstall about four apps OTA today didn't take that long. I'm hoping to have that solved this week once I figure out where DM is caching that information.
    02-08-09 12:46 AM
    Just curious when you got your new Storm did you load your 3rd party apps from backup? Say I've got my backup folder from my old Storm <pin>\<pin>.alf and then try to restore to the new Storm I assume I can restore the apps? It's not that big of a deal because I have the problem currently where DM doesn't backup all my 3rd party apps. I had to reinstall about four apps OTA today didn't take that long. I'm hoping to have that solved this week once I figure out where DM is caching that information.
    I reinstalled my 3rd party apps. I only had Google Sync, Gmail, Google Maps, AIM, and Facebook installed. There wasn't really any data to try and recover via recover via the DM.

I assume that restoring from a backup should work though. I elected to just start fresh since my original Storm had .65 and was updated to .75 the day I got it. The replacement came with .75 pre-installed. Sorry I can't be of more help!
    02-08-09 12:55 AM
    2 different pairs of Sony Earbuds. No issues here at all. Perfect fit, awesome sound, absolutely no cutting out. Sounds like a headphone jack problem on your end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 12:59 AM
    I have the Sony MDR-7506 full ear headphones and when I use them on the Storm i get cut out like the audio connection is loose. I went to the Verizon store today and the tech plugged in the stock headphones from my box that I brought back with me thinking I had a problem and they worked perfectly. He said the reason for it is stereo headphones don't have the third wiring for the microphone and that was causing the loose connection. So I went to Radio Shack and got an iPhone adapter that added the microphone wiring (3 slots in the audio jack) but it didn't work on my Storm. The audio never switched from the speaker to the headphones. Can anyone recommend an adapter that will work with Storm?
    Same here... Just pulled an old broken MDR-G63 out of the closet and tried it. It works perfectly. I'm gonna train later on and will use them then to see how they hold up and if the audio cuts out.
    I'm guessing it wont....
    02-08-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD