Does anyone know where I can get audio books for my storm? I would like to get audio books that I can make a one time payment for instead of a monthly fee.
    04-20-09 09:00 PM
    Check out Audible. You can purchase books and then download as mp3 files. They have both monthly subscriptions and straight purchases. Not to mention they have a pretty extensive collections of audio books.
    04-20-09 09:59 PM
    I was going to suggest the same thing (Download Audio Books, iPod And Digital Audio Books | Downloadable Online Audio Books | Audible Audiobooks | Audible.com), but I had it in my head that they were a monthly subscription site only. Thank you for pointing out that you can make one-time purchases from them, too!
    04-20-09 10:03 PM
    Thanks a lot. I will have to check it out. I was under the impression that it was a monthly fee so I will def. look into it more.
    04-20-09 10:05 PM
    I use Audible and I love it. You can buy books either through a one time payment or monthly subscription. The files are not mp3 files however. They can only be played through the audible player on your phone. You can download the program for free from Audible's site. Just click on device center at the top of the audible website. You will need to download the file for the 8800 and run it in compatibility mode. They are working on a version for the storm and the beta looked promising, but it was still very quirky. The nice thing about the audible player is that it will bookmark your books automatically and you can download your books directly from the phone.
    04-20-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD