I was just wondering if anyone has seen or downloaded any new themes for the storm.
    New Icons new Wallpapers I mean the Works ..
    By the way..... First post!!!!
    Woo Hoo!
    YES! The theme is that you need to learn how to SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-21-08 06:27 PM

I was really hoping this thread was a joke but I was wrong....once again
    12-21-08 06:31 PM
    Double posting has happened to me about twice till someone corrected me. Had they not, I would have still been double posting so I do think that someone needs to say something.Especially about this questions because there are roughly 10-15 threads with this same question. I'm sure there are more. No worries newbie =) Happens to the best of us.
    Just makes its harder for someone to find good info on a question like this because there are so many post and you have to go through reading them all to put all the info together instead of it being organized into one thread.
    But to further answer your question as others have, unfortunately there are not themes yet because the new version to even create themes on the Storm is not out yet. It's still being worked on. Once that comes out, then people people will start making some themes and we'll be seeing them everywhere. Once they come out I'm pretty sure it'll be a big deal here in the forums.
    12-21-08 06:31 PM
    thank you for letting me know..geez i was attacked...for my lack of knowledge...
    12-21-08 06:34 PM
    thank you for letting me know..geez i was attacked...for my lack of knowledge...
    It's all good we only attack people because we were all attacked at some point lol. Now we have to steak our revenge on people who don't know better. It's like the circle of life around here. It's nothing against you.
    12-21-08 06:38 PM
    can somebody please tell me how i was nasty or rude to the question?

DID I NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION?!?
    Your post looked fine to me... you answered and you used "please" twice!

But seriously, for dupes like this IMHO the best approach is:
    1. answer question (if possible)
    2. politely warn user about searching before posting; second warning results in temp ban
    3. lock or merge thread with previous ones to keep up the quality of search; otherwise search will become less useful

And this is not directed towards the OP, but I've only been on this board since Nov, and anecdotally during that brief period of time I've seen a tremendous number of people who either don't know to search or don't want/care to. I can't say what it was like before the Storm, but it's been getting worse since launch day.
    12-21-08 06:43 PM
    look at this forum...how much stuff in here has been posted 4 or 5 or 12 times? if people searched, there would only be a third of posts left...if that

Why get so angry over people asking the same questions? If that kind of stuff gets you all bent out of shape then you must not have to deal with real life problems enough...

Sorry man, not trying to pick a e-fight, im just on tons of forums and don't understand why people have to try and be so anal about little stuff...
    12-21-08 07:00 PM
    so much good info gets thrown back because of all the crap threads around here...
    12-21-08 07:18 PM
    A big fallacy with the 'search' feature rant, if you bring up an older thread 'dead' parsay, and your question doesn't get answered, you get reamed for bringing up a dead thread.
    12-24-08 11:33 PM
    I think everyone should stop trying to be the Crackberry Police and just answer the questions. Your never going to stop people from not using the search button. Its just like tailgating, never going to stop unless you take all cars off the road. Not just answering a question ends up being counter productive and just leads to a spamming of a thread.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-25-08 at 12:19 AM.
    12-25-08 12:17 AM
    I think everyone should stop trying to be the Crackberry Police and just answer the questions. Your never going to stop people from not using the search button. Its just like tailgating, never going to stop unless you take all cars off the road. Not just answering a question ends up being counter productive and just leads to a spamming of a thread.
    I agree. I'm new here and have done searches for info I was looking for. Searches sucks......... You get 500 post that doesn't answer your question. Of course I'm not a search God like some people are.
    12-25-08 01:24 AM
    so much good info gets thrown back because of all the crap threads around here...
    very true.. but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't matter how many times someone replies to soandso's thread with "please use the search function"

they're not going to do it.. leaves us with 2 choices, ignore it or answer..

it's a sad reality of public forums unfortunately.
    12-25-08 01:40 AM
    "it's a sad reality of public forums unfortunately."

If some have noticed, the ignore option is being used by a lot of the more knowledgeable members it seems.
    12-25-08 01:49 AM
    Sooo...how about them themes?

12-25-08 01:51 AM
    Iphone theme please! Plazmic needs to get their s&%t together!
    12-28-08 11:13 AM
    I'm surprised there still aren't any themes yet. I'm getting impatient, boooo
    12-28-08 12:07 PM
    plazmic 4.7 hasnt been released yet so until then...
    12-28-08 12:12 PM
    So that's a no the theme question! Ha ha. Does it take geeks this long to make 1 theme? Really? Really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 12:54 PM
    OMG HAI GUISE!!!

Please search and refrain from using such large fonts for no reason
    Hey Don, don't mean to get on your case here, I understand that alot of people just post and don't bother searching/reading before they do so and that causes clutter and it is upsetting, but some people just let their excitement get the better of them. This is an awsome site bro. And for a seasoned fellow cracker, I thought you were a bit mean. I know that non of us here are babies and need nurturing, but even I was tempted to post before reading/searching because of the excitement of becoming a part of this new awesome family. Again, I do understand your frustration but, "it's not what you do", "it's how you do it".

Just a word of advice fellow cracker, happy new year
    Last edited by 07thking; 01-02-09 at 11:50 AM.
    01-02-09 11:44 AM
    Iphone theme please! Plazmic needs to get their s&%t together!
    Your kidding right?????
    01-02-09 12:41 PM
    Let's start a poll who is right????

LOL

Don and Philly have very valid points.
    01-02-09 12:43 PM
    No new themes. I have seen a couple sites working on new themes and programs. I will post when they are available.
    01-02-09 12:53 PM
    ill tell you what, why dont we all stay on topic...there are no themes yet for the blackberry...

From what I have heard, they are working on a theme maker for the storm, but due to all the problems arising with the storm, I think the focus is right now on perfecting this wonderful phone!
    01-02-09 12:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD