Anybody found a way to keep the local area code from showing up on local numbers?
    01-23-09 08:12 AM
    No offense, but why?
    01-23-09 08:14 AM
    This wouldn't be possible unless somebody made an app to do so...Which I HIGHLY doubt someone would....

Think about it...any phone could go anywhere. How would the phone know which area codes to not show and which ones to show. Even if the phone knew where you were and knew the area codes in that area; what if you where in the middle of Manhattan. There are any number of area codes that could be 'local' (718, 212, 347, 917, 516, 646...)

So this is really not really plausible or necessary...
    01-23-09 08:42 AM
    Motorola and Nokia both had phones that you could set your local area code in. If calls came from that are code, it would show only the 7 didgit number, making the number much faster to recognize if it was not a contact already in the phone. No 3rd party app needed. It was in the phone. I'm not stupid enough, as you suggest, to think the phone would know where I'm at and leave THAT local area code off. I'm in business for myself and stay in the same area code. All of my business is local - ONE area code - If I could recognize the origin of the number easier, I could decide faster whether it was a customer calling or some out of state salesman that I don't want to talk to. Right now, a quick look just shows 10 small digits. If it showed only 7, I would know it's a customer and could answer the phone much faster. Sorry I wanted a feature as stupid as this sounds to you, but unknown to you there are phones that do this very thing!
    01-23-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD