After watching the vodafone clips, I noticed the app for yahoo messenger. Does anyone know if the storm will be able to support video chat through messenger, sort of an aftermarket web cam if you will? I have yet to see a video that truly demonstrates this blackberry's abilities, and am curious as to what it's limits are. Thanks
    11-19-08 10:35 AM
    haha. ah yes. video chat. my question exactly. why didnt RIM go all out. video chat would be so ideal. I am sorry my friend, but VZW network could not handle video chat right now. wait a year or two.
    11-19-08 10:36 AM
    Video chat with the camera on the back?

I would think that with a feature like that you'd have maybe two cameras, or at least one on the front.
    11-19-08 10:43 AM
    ya. not yet in america haha.
    11-19-08 10:48 AM
    After watching the vodafone clips, I noticed the app for yahoo messenger. Does anyone know if the storm will be able to support video chat through messenger, sort of an aftermarket web cam if you will? I have yet to see a video that truly demonstrates this blackberry's abilities, and am curious as to what it's limits are. Thanks
    Video Chat on a phone? No offense, but that sounds more like a feature that only teenagers could appreciate. And while RIM is definitely trying to capture the interest of a wider audience with the storm, I am glad they haven't gone THAT far... yet.

Wow... I sound like an old geezer in this post, huh? crap!
    11-19-08 10:53 AM
    I meant like to use it in place of a webcam, say for a laptop. I am on the road constantly, and use the webcam on my laptop via yahoo messenger, i was just curious if this was a possibility for folks who might not have one installed on their pc's/notebooks.
    11-19-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD