Looking for some information from Storm users...currently I'm an 8830WE user, trying to decide on which of the newer BBs I will upgrade to next week (Tour, Storm or wait for Storm2). My top candidate currently is the Storm, I've read and heard mostly great things things about it. One major concern I have, which is due to the poor storage space on my 8830, is how many applications can be kept on a Storm at one time? My 8830 can only accommodate about 5 or 6 depending on which apps, afterall its only 64MB. With the Storm at 128MB, I would expect about twice as many...is that the case? Thanks a lot for your input.
    07-27-09 04:01 PM
    The Storm has been an incredible phone for me...best I've ever had. As to apps, I've got about 15 extra 3rd part apps installed and still have about 40 megs of memory available. I've seen people here list out 30 or 40 apps they have loaded, but honestly, I don't know how anyone could actually use that many. Some folks just like to have everything they can, just for the sake of having it. I know the Tour has even more mem available for apps than the Storm, but after having this huge, beautiful screen, I don't see how anyone could settle for that tiny one.
    07-27-09 04:21 PM
    I was running about 15-20 apps on my storm with no problems at all. To be honest though, a few were really tiny apps.
    07-27-09 04:27 PM
    Ive got a ton of apps on my phone but normally I only run a few at a time. I never have any problems. I also run a program called Quickpull to help with the memory.
    07-27-09 04:40 PM
    It's definitely safe to say the Storm can handle considerably more apps than your 8830 - honestly, there's really no comparison as far as that goes. Get the O/S updated and, unless you get a bad device, I can't imagine that you'll be disappointed with the myriad apps you can install/run.

Sure the Tour is nice and has even more available memory (as grey stated, seriously-how many apps is someone going to use), but being that it's still so new I can't imagine it has nearly the apps available for it just yet.
    07-27-09 07:55 PM
    app space isn't really your main concern. i you have tried out the surpress srean and believe that you will love it then get the storm. but if you find it kinda annoying than get the tour.
    07-27-09 08:58 PM
    Awesome! Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question, based on all of your repsonses its pretty clear I would have no problem running the 8 to 10 apps I would want. Only 13 days before I upgrade to the Storm...I can't wait! Thanks again!
    07-28-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD