How do i check the list of applications running in the background.
    09-25-09 01:12 AM
    two ways hold the bb menu key or press it and click on switch application
    09-25-09 01:55 AM
    Thanks, How do i close the applications such as Browser......i am able to close the other 3rd party applications...
    09-25-09 02:43 AM
    Browser, call log, messages, BBM and home screen cannot be closed, they will always show there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 02:44 AM
    Have a question pertaining to this, does the bbm, aim etc always run in the background? When I hit the bb key and close I hold it in and see that list and its always there... Is this because they are signed in?

09-25-09 02:48 AM
    Dunno about AIM (don't use it), but BBM does. Most/some apps need to be closed from the menu to fully close, guess AIM has an option somewhere, can't answer the signed in or not Q, but I suppose if you don't sign out and leave the app open - yes...?

09-25-09 02:51 AM
    Lol I have no idea I need to use "exit" on uber twitter so its not running in the background hitting the bb button and close won't work
    09-25-09 02:53 AM
    Just read your post fully and I see you close it from the menu... Maybe another way of closing??
    Mobireader ebook app does this after you close from the menu, the only way to get it off the switch app ribbon is to press "shift" and then "Q" when it's open and it fully closes and isn't showing as open in the background...

09-25-09 02:54 AM
    Hmmm I geuss I answered my q without knowing it, signed in = always shown... Interesting

Now. To find out why my desktop manager won't update to 5.0 from 4.7 hmmmmmMmph

09-25-09 02:59 AM
    Dunno about AIM (don't use it), but BBM does. Most/some apps need to be closed from the menu to fully close, guess AIM has an option somewhere, can't answer the signed in or not Q, but I suppose if you don't sign out and leave the app open - yes...?

Not AIM or the other clients unless you leave them signed in. Only BBM is always open and cannot be closed.
    09-25-09 06:25 AM
    I think with chat clients like AIM, it is not enough to hit close in menu if you are signed in. You need to choose sign out and close or something along those lines.

09-25-09 08:14 AM
    two ways hold the bb menu key or press it and click on switch application
    Which apps or icons are always going to be there? Other than BBM, what can't be closed?

09-27-09 12:18 AM
    Bbm home screen. Browser. Call log and messages.

09-27-09 12:30 AM
    Which apps or icons are always going to be there? Other than BBM, what can't be closed?

You can delete BBM if you don't use it.
    09-27-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD