I was wondering if anyone could help me with the download of all these apps that I keep reading about in this addictive forum. So far, the only app that I've been able to actually download and use from the phone is ESPN. I've tried Viigo, can't get to the download from the phone. Downloaded it to my laptop, (VISTA) and it says that I need to load activesync on my computer to open it. Active sync won't work with Vista. I've tried to download weatherbug, after waiting the stated three hours, nothing has shown up. I've tried downloading bbmaps, the phone says it's disabled. Am I doing something wrong? I love this phone, but it sounds like all you with the apps are having more fun.. Please help!
    11-30-08 11:43 PM
    For viigo did you go to: Viigo and type your info on the right hand side and download it from there? If that doesnt work try to see if you switch your browser identification to blackberry (browser > Menu > options > general options > browser identification)

BB Maps is already downloaded, its in the applications folder and is that compass.

Download Google maps too -- while the GPS isn't entirely accurate yet, it is a great tool.

As for downloading stuff through the computer go to blackberry and download the desktop manager 4.7 and use that to add/remove applications. That does work with vista.

enjoy!
    11-30-08 11:49 PM
    Thanks. I'll give your advice a try. I'm about to download the leaked OS, then hopefully if all's well, I'll see if I can make some headway on this project. thanks again.
    12-01-08 12:22 AM
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with the download of all these apps that I keep reading about in this addictive forum. So far, the only app that I've been able to actually download and use from the phone is ESPN. I've tried Viigo, can't get to the download from the phone. Downloaded it to my laptop, (VISTA) and it says that I need to load activesync on my computer to open it. Active sync won't work with Vista. I've tried to download weatherbug, after waiting the stated three hours, nothing has shown up. I've tried downloading bbmaps, the phone says it's disabled. Am I doing something wrong? I love this phone, but it sounds like all you with the apps are having more fun.. Please help!
    Try this, it's a previous post that I referenced for making a list of all of the apps I wanted to look at/consider =P

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mus...e-storm-99421/

After you make your list, you can search the apps by name on Yahoo! or Google and download from the direct sites ^_~, that's what I did.

Hope that helps, and enjoy all the bells and whistles lol
    12-01-08 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD