I have two applications that showed up this morning that I never downloaded. They are Skype and NFL Mobile. Has this ever happened to anyone else? The exact same thing happened to my husband last week. Could this be some kind of virus? Any reponse would be appreciated. Thanks.
    04-19-10 01:01 PM
    Nope. All is well. These are automatically pushed to your phone from Verizon. You can just hide the icons and you'll never see them again. They don't take up any space because they are just shortcuts to the installation.
    04-19-10 01:06 PM
    Actually this has happened on my 9530 a few times. Going to OPTIONS/ADVANCED/SERVICEBOOK and deleting only works until a full shutdown/startup. They return each time, bringing new ones. I'm pissed.

NFL, Slacker and now Backup Assistant I do not want or need. It screws up my screen rearranging icons so I have to search for them more often. RIM does not have a good UI team, or some marketing numscull is calling policy. Jerks.

I manage my phone memory and programs to get efficiency and performance. I also manage my interface so control is turnkey. I've worked on PCs since the 80s and maintain my systems for high performance applications, 3D, Imaging, Video.

First chance I get I am going to an Android system. This device is too central to my needs to be some billboard for someone. I have, and do, pay for this device and services, and that they use it to advertise should pay me.

I make my statement by not using their device or recommending it. (This subject is not the only issue.) They will only learn by loosing market.

GMM
    Last edited by Garret; 04-28-10 at 01:05 AM.
    04-28-10 01:02 AM
    Actually this has happened on my 9530 a few times. Going to OPTIONS/ADVANCED/SERVICEBOOK and deleting only works until a full shutdown/startup. They return each time, bringing new ones. I'm pissed.

NFL, Slacker and now Backup Assistant I do not want or need. It screws up my screen rearranging icons so I have to search for them more often. RIM does not have a good UI team, or some marketing numscull is calling policy. Jerks.

I manage my phone memory and programs to get efficiency and performance.
    Wow. All you have to do is highlight the icon, press the bb button, and choose "hide." It will no longer show and won't mess with your icon arrangement any more.

Also, those pushed app icons barely use any memory as they are just shortcuts to download and install the program.

Instead of getting so angry, I would recommend taking the time to learn your device and get the most out of it. Case in point, the fix I just posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 01:16 AM
    If Verizon pushes apps onto BlackBerry's what's to stop them from pushing apps onto Android phone at some point?
    04-28-10 07:53 AM
    They are not installed apps. They are just shortcuts to the download. I hide whichever ones I don't want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 07:56 AM
    If Verizon pushes apps onto BlackBerry's what's to stop them from pushing apps onto Android phone at some point?
    really. And since the android commercials emphasize the large number of apps for that platform, there will be many more available for Verizon to push to Garret's droid.
    04-28-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD