i am running the 5.0.0.230 os happy with it however yesterday my application memory was low and it prompted me to unstall apps.

I have the same apps running and i close them after use (same apps for the past year) only difference is that i have to keep my messages forever.

Does SMS take away from the application memory or does it use the 1 gb phone memory?

If not somewhere i have a memory leak and i dont want to start removing apps to figure it out if its just from the sms and mms... (have been receiving alot more sms and mms lately)

However customer care tells me it should come from the 1gb but i know how well they are trained.. sarcasticly.....

thanks in advance for any help...
    10-13-09 08:39 AM
    Jus do a battery pull

SMS is part of the OS
    10-13-09 08:48 AM
    i have done that but my app memory is at 5mb when it was 23+
    10-13-09 09:47 AM
    Deleting old messages can help. Also clear your web caches and your java error log
    10-13-09 10:01 AM
    i have done that but my app memory is at 5mb when it was 23+

Did you shrink the OS prior to installing? What apps do you have installed?
    How many SMS and MMS are you talking about? How big are you databases?
    10-13-09 10:34 AM
    Click the wrench "options" icon > status > BB menu button > database sizes. You can now see what is taking up how much of your application memory.
    10-13-09 10:48 AM
    Click the wrench "options" icon > status > BB menu button > database sizes. You can now see what is taking up how much of your application memory.
    You can see the size of your databases. That's not everything taking up application memory. Not close.

Mine are, total, less 1 MB (1014.6 K). Yet, my application memory shrinks from 22 MB at boot to 6.4 MB right now less than a day later. It eventually will hit zero.

Something is taking up the other 63 MB of memory. I only wish I could see what it is.
    10-13-09 04:01 PM
    You can see the size of your databases. That's not everything taking up application memory. Not close.

Mine are, total, less 1 MB (1014.6 K). Yet, my application memory shrinks from 22 MB at boot to 6.4 MB right now less than a day later. It eventually will hit zero.

Something is taking up the other 63 MB of memory. I only wish I could see what it is.
    thats the samething happening to me.. 22 mb now down to 6 then it will zero out and ask me to remove apps...

i have

snaptu
    youmail
    buzzme pro
    google sync
    skydeck
    talklock
    tetherberry

(ive never had a memory problem till recently and i have not added any new apps..
    10-13-09 06:19 PM
    ok before i delete any messages are the emails, mms, sms all taken from the application memory or the phones 1 gb memory?
    10-13-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD