I have a 8GB memory card in my storm, and my device memory has 900MB total space in it.
    Out of this, the memory card is showing 7GB free space, and the device memory is showing 827MB free space. But the application memory is only showing 1.2MB free space!!
    Why is this? I just tried to install the new messenger and it wouldn't let me, saying I have no space!! How can this be possible? please let me know how to fix this. Thanks.
    10-10-09 01:09 AM
    Your Storm only has about 40-50 MB free to run and store apps. The memory card and 1G internal are only for media. I recommend you re boot the phone and try downloading the app again. If you still don't have enough space remove/transfer any media on the device app memory and look into removing things you don't use like preloaded wallpapers and VAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:21 AM
    40MB is fine, but I don't even have stuff worth 40MB stored as my apps!! I don't have any external programs, and in fact the one I did have (Viigo), I have removed. So I shouldn't be facing this problem actually.
    10-10-09 02:00 AM
    40MB is fine, but I don't even have stuff worth 40MB stored as my apps!! I don't have any external programs, and in fact the one I did have (Viigo), I have removed. So I shouldn't be facing this problem actually.
    Do a battery pull and how much memory do you boot up with? You should be fine to load after that. How often do you do a battery pull and do maintenance on your device, i.e. clean your logs, as well as clearing browser history, cookies, cache?

All these things take up memory. Check out the How to Increase File Free thread in my sig. Also you can use programs like Shrink-A-OS and CrackMem to get rid of preloaded media, langages, preloaded programs you dont use or need like VZNav, Vcast, VAD, etc.

File Scout is another really nice program that will allow you to move all your media off your device and onto your SD card, as well as allow you to delete the locked media.
    10-10-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD