What do I do? How do I fix this??

Yesterday my app memory was at like 27 MBs, and i haven't downloaded anything new since then, how can it just go to 0 like that?

I'm really confused.

Plus, I have minimal stuff on my storm, way less than most people on here.
    I just don't understand it.

please help

EDIT: Oh and another question. what is the difference between app memory and device memory? Since I have like 878MB of free device memory(and it says i've only used up like 1 or 2 MBs of device memory.
    04-26-09 11:48 PM
    ...if it is not running slow,

Let it go. there would be a good experiment. I have seen mine at 885KB. But I never could get it to 0.0MB

If it is running slow "battery pull" and it will reset. If it keeps getting low then you may have an app or theme that is encouraging a slow leak of app memory. Delete one app at a time and by process of elimination you should find the culprit.
    Last edited by madphone; 04-26-09 at 11:57 PM.
    04-26-09 11:54 PM
    ...if it is not running slaw
    What? I don't know what means. you mean slow?
    04-26-09 11:55 PM
    Have you done a batt pull? That will always free up memory. Also look at the apps you have and figure out what might be draining your memory. There are several that are known to make it drop.
    04-26-09 11:58 PM
    What? I don't know what means. you mean slow?
    Sorry, laptop cursor goes where it wants, I did not even get done with the post. I had to edit to finish.
    04-26-09 11:59 PM
    Click below 4 a good cb how 2.
    04-26-09 11:59 PM
    Thanks Flashman

I'm gonna do a bat pull in a sec. here is everything i have on the device(other than the normal stuff that comes with it like the games, BBM, etc) (oh and i don't use VZ nav or VVM)
    apps:

app world,
    captureIT
    facebook
    google maps
    iheartradio
    nintaii
    photobucket
    slacker
    viigo
    weatherbug
    AIM
    MSN messenger
    Youtube

Themes:
    10 icon bold(today)
    AndroidX
    iBerry3G(elecite theme)
    storm iBerry Blocks custom L today
    Titanium Blue

EDIT:
    and thanks for the link Transfigured, and thanks for the info madphone
    04-27-09 12:03 AM
    I think you need a 6th theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 12:11 AM
    NP...

...You really have a lot of themes. I try to have three or less.

Let us know if you find the culprit. I might like to know, and a friendly e-mail to the dev might let them know that they have an issue that they are not aware of.
    04-27-09 12:11 AM
    Well. I deleted the "help" application, and rebooted the phone and I now have 24.0MB of app memory.
    And I think I am going to get rid of a theme or two.
    04-27-09 12:13 AM
    Yeah, you need to not carry that many themes. Just uninstall through DM and that will help you out greatly. Also, Weatherbug is historically a bad leaker. The newest update has helped it out for most I have read.
    04-27-09 12:13 AM
    Dude, I have 1 theme on my phone at a time aside from the Precision Zen

Also,

App World
    Weatherbug
    Viigo

Are HUGE Memory hogs...get rid of em and you'll probably be in the 40's after deleting the themes too
    04-27-09 12:29 AM
    when I had appworld installed on my bold, it went from 40mb to 10mb in the matter of a half hour. after I deleted it it was fine. now I only install it when I want to dl something, otherwise it stays off my phone. try uninstalling it and see if that helps any.

and fwiw, weatherbug doesn't leak memory at all for me. viigo drained my curve though. I'm sure the memory leaks are not much different for the storm.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-27-09 at 12:33 AM.
    04-27-09 12:30 AM
    I like the app world. and I use Viigo and weatherbug every day...
    04-27-09 09:08 AM
    So, don't complain about no memory left then

You asked why, and there's your problem
    04-27-09 09:14 AM
    His problem is really the bad coding and the pathetic amount of app space. Not because he likes using programs =P
    04-27-09 09:48 AM
    Just and FYI. Yesterday my phone went to 0.0 kb as well on the application memory. It was still running ok. Maybe a little slower but nothing horrible. I just went to .132 on Friday. I have never seen it that low before with any other OS version. I don't have any themes on my phone and I run very few apps and most importantly I close every app when I am done using it.

Now a question. How does your phone lose application memory when is has zero apps running? Other than the standard 4. After a battery pull I was at 35mb. I let my phone sit without touching it for 20 minutes and it dropped to 27mb. How is this possible?
    04-27-09 09:54 AM
    my phone was going don to 0.0 all the time, it didn't make my phone any slower so I just ignored it and stopped checking..
    04-27-09 11:38 AM
    Use Viigo instead of weathbug that will take care of one useless app.
    04-27-09 12:04 PM
    delete vznavigator and visual voicemail if you dont use them, get rid of help, password keeper, tasks, and other stuff you dont need...this will free up some app memory and the next time you do an OS upgrade use CrackMem to delete the sample video and sample wallpapers that also take up app memory
    04-27-09 12:54 PM
    Delete anything you can. I've gotten down that low before and a batt pull usually gets my memory back up. But unless your phone's running especially slow it shouldn't really be a problem
    04-27-09 01:00 PM
    I'v noticed that below 10 million bites of File Free stuff (call log, sms) start to delete themselves. I suppose you could clear browsers cache operations, set picture allocation to something a bit lower than what you have, delete any unused applications, pull the battery out- put it back in, and check again. If that has no affect on app memory then I am at a loss. Hope I helped!
    04-27-09 01:05 PM
    Download Quickpull, schedule a reset every night and enjoy your Apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD