Hi, I've had this problem since I got my Storm for my Birthday (January) but well, yeah I've (sadly) lived with it but now Its just really annoying me, My 'Increase Volume' button will not work....At all. The 'Lower Volume' Button works perfectly but yeah. I can't find my data cable so rebooting is out of the question, so, my question is, Does anyone know of a way I can increse the volume for media without using the volume buttons? The stupid thing is you can't even swap that hot key for another, like I don't know, Voice dialing which in my case is useless. Thanks in advance .
    09-06-11 03:00 AM
    Ok, Thats cool, don't bother replying, not like I thought this was a nice community that helped each other but I guess not oh well
    11-16-11 12:48 AM
    Hi, I've had this problem since I got my Storm for my Birthday (January) but well, yeah I've (sadly) lived with it but now Its just really annoying me, My 'Increase Volume' button will not work....At all. The 'Lower Volume' Button works perfectly but yeah. I can't find my data cable so rebooting is out of the question, so, my question is, Does anyone know of a way I can increse the volume for media without using the volume buttons? The stupid thing is you can't even swap that hot key for another, like I don't know, Voice dialing which in my case is useless. Thanks in advance .

I'm not aware of any other method of increasing or decreasing the Storm�s volume other then via the side controls� Having said that, it should be a easy fix for any shop that does cell repairs.

As for your Data cable, you can pretty much use any micro USB cable. You don�t have to use the one supplied by Blackberry (I use one that came with my Logitech Remote Control). They are readily available at any cell store or on eBay!
    Starscream BB likes this.
    11-16-11 07:36 AM
    Ok, Thats cool, don't bother replying, not like I thought this was a nice community that helped each other but I guess not oh well
    Patients young Grass Hopper�

Help will always be available to those that ask�
    Starscream BB likes this.
    11-16-11 07:39 AM
    Ah, thanks Grenadiers, I was curious as to whether or not I could fic it myself ( aving your phone repaired over here is WAY overpriced) but yeah, same with Data Cables Most shops wanna charge at least $20 for em Still thanks for the info and Hahaha, I see that is true now, Sensei
    Grenadiers likes this.
    11-16-11 11:34 PM
    Ah, thanks Grenadiers, I was curious as to whether or not I could fic it myself ( aving your phone repaired over here is WAY overpriced) but yeah, same with Data Cables Most shops wanna charge at least $20 for em Still thanks for the info and Hahaha, I see that is true now, Sensei
    Well, just a quick search on eBay (Blackberry Storm Cable) shows more then 800 results�

The cable alone can be purchased and shipped for under a dollar US!! At that price, I�d pick up a couple� BTW, pretty much all of the cell shops purchase their cables from the same suppliers that sell them on eBay! Shows you what kid of a mark-up they place on items.

I pretty much get all my accessories on eBay (Otter Box Defender series, cables and adapters, memory cards, etc) because in many cases they are a LOT cheaper then your local retailer� Just run a search on Blackberry Storm and/or Blackberry 9530 and see what comes up!

For a bit more, you can also get it with an adapter to plug into a wall and/or car adapter too!
    11-17-11 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD