Hi,
    I am having a hard time finding out if my Blackberry 9530 Storm will work with the car radio Bluetooth adapter (the only one that would work with my car radio) JVC KS-BTA200.

I contacted JVC and received a link (which I cannot post since I just registered here) which contains information from March 2009, and it does list one Blackberry as compatible for hands free phone functionality and a version of the same phone as not compatible (or so it seems to me).

So if I went by this list, the answer is no, which makes me less willing to spend over $100 if I can't be sure that it'll work.

Does anyone have more current information or a test result of their own if newer Blackberries, especially the Storm, work with this Bluetooth adapter?

The least it should do is allow hands free phone features, but SMS would be nice, too.

I'm fairly new to Bluetooth and haven't used it much except for one handset a while back - are there any standards that say "if this device has this standard, it will always work"? Or is Bluetooth functionality sometimes random, even if it "should" work?

Thanks!
    11-20-09 04:10 PM
    I have a pioneer model, but they all work about the same. Should be easy to pair them up, you have to make them both discoverable, search them out and pair them, you might need some BS default password, should be in the bluetooth adapter's manual. I just finally got my phonebook transferred yesterday, took a little searching to figure that out, then discovered the BT Audio function worked too. Now can stream Pandora, iheart, moodio, and whatever other media your phone has. Pretty cool.
    11-20-09 05:46 PM
    I can't speak to that specific JVC adapter but I use the JVC KS-UBT1 everyday. Its great and I use it everyday for streaming audio. It also works for making phone calls, with all the various features. I don't get many texts but I haven't ever noticed that function work. Maybe you will be able to find on the JVC website a comparison between the two adapters and get some confidence that yours will work.
    11-20-09 10:33 PM
    Thanks for your answers and the information.
    Looks like I'll have to try one out and see if it'll work for me.
    11-22-09 11:26 AM
    I guess this doesn't exactly help, but my Storm pairs with my JVC radio with built-in bluetooth and performs all functions beautifully. Hands free as well as bluetooth stereo streaming. Love it. I am not familiar with your JVC adapter, but thought it may be same chipsets that are built-in to mine. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 07:44 PM
    Hey, that does help. It gives me an idea that other JVC devices _MIGHT_ work with the Storm, and that's more than I have been able to find out so far.

Thanks!
    11-22-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD