They are going to try and project a later date than they anticipate. That way if they can get it out, the still look good. If it ends up missing the date then there are problems.

I ordered and paid in full at the store on 11/25 debited directly. I received the "processing e-mail on the 26th" and have not heard or seen anything since. I will wait until the 8th before I start calling because that was the date I was promised.
    12-01-08 12:54 AM
    good luck! I can't wait to get mine! still waiting for a release!
    12-01-08 12:55 AM
    I ordered mine in store on the 23rd, and was told it would ship no later than the 15th...then called and was told no later than the 5th. I received my fedex tracking number this afternoon. going to be delivered on tues at 430. Its my feeling that vzw cs doesnt have a clue when these are being shipped, but the phones seem to be going out faster than vzw is projecting.
    I hope your right with them just being cautious. It would make sense with thats what their doing because it doesnt matter what day your ordered it within the past few its still projected to ship before the 15th.
    12-01-08 09:05 AM
    I ordered mine via telesales sunday the 30th and was told it would ship no later than the 5th FWIW.
    12-01-08 09:41 AM
    My friend ordered hers yesterday and the sales rep told her no later than the 8th...
    Last edited by MichaelMurdock; 12-01-08 at 10:18 AM. Reason: *
    12-01-08 10:18 AM
    pollofrito and michaelmurdock what states were yours ordered in because i ordered mine instore yesterday as well and was told no later then the 15h.
    12-01-08 10:20 AM
    pollofrito and michaelmurdock what states were yours ordered in because i ordered mine instore yesterday as well and was told no later then the 15h.
    Im in North Jersey
    12-01-08 10:26 AM
    man i want this thing so bad. sucks having to wait but thats life. its even worse when you cant get a definitive answer as to when it could ship
    12-01-08 10:28 AM
    I ordered online on 27th and still not receive tracking number yet .....
    12-01-08 10:30 AM
    NYC - i don't think any of the cs reps are on the same page...
    12-01-08 01:25 PM
    seems all to be random/luck with when people are ordering them and actually getting them. crossing my fingers
    When I ordered mine at the store on the 28th and they said it will be the 15th of December, but called verizon last night and they said it will ship out by the 8th
    12-01-08 05:47 PM
    thats what its looking like what i was told today is correct. the 29th-1st orders will start shipping after the 8th if not sooner and all the orders before the 29th will be shipped before the 8th
    12-01-08 05:48 PM
    I ordered mine in store on the 23rd, and was told it would ship no later than the 15th...then called and was told no later than the 5th. I received my fedex tracking number this afternoon. going to be delivered on tues at 430. Its my feeling that vzw cs doesnt have a clue when these are being shipped, but the phones seem to be going out faster than vzw is projecting.
    ahhh! i ordered instore on the 22nd and have no heard anything from verizon!
    12-01-08 05:50 PM
    ahhh! i ordered instore on the 22nd and have no heard anything from verizon!
    doesnt hurt to call them
    12-01-08 05:54 PM
    ordered mine today in store and told it would ship the 15th
    12-01-08 05:59 PM
    im just hoping and praying that i get mine before the 15th or it at least ships before then. if it doesnt then no one will be here to accept it since ill be home for break
    12-01-08 06:00 PM
    ordered mine today in store and told it would ship the 15th
    did they tell you it would ship on the 15th or thats the latest it would ship?
    12-01-08 06:01 PM
    i ordered a replacement unit for my wife on Saturday and it arrived today.
    doesnt hurt to call them
    What number should I call if I ordered instore?
    What number should I call if I ordered instore?
    *611 then option 4 then option 6
    12-01-08 06:22 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I Ordered my Replacment Last week and today i called to ask a question on my account and why i was at it i ask for Order Info and she advised me that i would get by the 8th.

The reason i am posting this is because she advised me that all NEW orders (not replacment units, some from what i hear were lucky to acually get full orders meaning a whole new box full of goodies not just the phone) are being shipped directly from RIM in Canada for the previous mentioned forums that software issue Problem, she was reading me an email from her computer that stated what we already know is the responsiveness of the unit (speed).

Just thought i let you guys know What VZW told me.
    12-01-08 06:24 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I Ordered my Replacment Last week and today i called to ask a question on my account and why i was at it i ask for Order Info and she advised me that i would get by the 8th.

The reason i am posting this is because she advised me that all NEW orders (not replacment units, some from what i hear were lucky to acually get full orders meaning a whole new box full of goodies not just the phone) are being shipped directly from RIM in Canada for the previous mentioned forums that software issue Problem, she was reading me an email from her computer that stated what we already know is the responsiveness of the unit (speed).

Just thought i let you guys know What VZW told me.
    so orders are now being shipped direct from RIM and not the wearhouses? what time did you call also?
    12-01-08 06:42 PM
    I'm new to verizon, had to switch cause I got caught up in the Storm. I went into a store and ordered mine on the 28th and was told it would ship on the 11th. I know verizon gives out the latest possible date to ship and people get theirs before their told date,so I'm trying to be patient, but how long do you think I should wait before calling and trying to get some info ? Also since I'm not on the network yet, what's the best number to call ?
    12-01-08 07:19 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD