Verizons BOGO promo is starting to make me think that I could get by with a Storm and not hold out for the Storm 2. I know some have more complicated needs from their phone than me and the improvements RIM is making are going to be valuable to them. I am curious if anyone is going to hold on to their current Storm because it is a good enough phone as it is.
    09-14-09 02:42 PM
    Current Storm is a great phone. I have no intentions of trading it in for a Storm 2 at this time. However when my contract next allows me to get another phone next August I may upgrade to a Storm 2 then or if there is a rumor of a Storm 3 I might hold out for that.

Or I might just let my contract run out and get an iPhone.

Can you repost this in August 2010?
    09-14-09 02:46 PM
    well i am because i cant really afford to pay for the new storm, so i just got it a month ago for the 100 dollars, in two years when the contracts up ill probably upgrade to whatever is out then storm 3 maybe haha
    09-14-09 02:47 PM
    my girls schedule for a new phone in December. If by then they still have the BOGO deal going she will get a storm 2 as well as me. If not I can just wait it out. My Storm is running well and I have no problems typing on it. The only advantages of the new storm is more app space and wifi. Wifi isn't really that important to me unless I go upstate which is once a year for a few days since I have no service there. I can live without wifi for the most part.
    09-14-09 02:49 PM
    I think most storm 1 owners plan on upgrading til contract is up. All the videos/reviews I have read don't show significant improvement in software just minor hardware issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:52 PM
    I agree my s1 is working great. Especially with .167!

09-14-09 02:54 PM
    Well I must have missed the info on the trade in deal? whats up with that, hows that going to work? And I think I would get the storm 2 because... well mainly so I can say I have the storm 2 Ha Ha
    09-14-09 03:06 PM
    Well I must have missed the info on the trade in deal? whats up with that, hows that going to work? And I think I would get the storm 2 because... well mainly so I can say I have the storm 2 Ha Ha
    There is no trade in deal.
    09-14-09 03:19 PM
    No trade in deal. I'll upgrade to Storm 2 when my contract is up, but I'm not shelling out $600 for a new screen and wi-fi. My s1 is a great device.
    09-14-09 03:48 PM
    Well my storm1 is working great so I'm gonna hold on and see how the storm2 handles when it comes out.

09-14-09 03:53 PM
    No trade in deal. I'll upgrade to Storm 2 when my contract is up, but I'm not shelling out $600 for a new screen and wi-fi. My s1 is a great device.
    Couldn't have said it better.

If S2 was OLED with a major difference like hardware gfx acceleration or something I might dish out the cash. But for a phone that is essentially the same with a bit more app memory, no thanks
    09-14-09 03:53 PM
    Would have to really see what S2 brings to the table compared with S1, but I'm happy with S1 and don't plan to plunk down any $$ to upgrade to S2.
    09-14-09 04:04 PM
    I'll be on my Storm for at least a year after Storm 2 comes out ... plus I have a brand new spare Storm I can't get rid off due to the low prices you can get Storm's for now. It will probably fill in for my current one if it decides to resign from it's current post.
    09-14-09 04:07 PM
    I'll be using my Storm till 11/25/10, when my new every two pricing goes into effect. What will I get next? Who knows... Storm 2 unless something better comes along...
    09-14-09 04:19 PM
    Im keeping my storm1. no reason to get storm 2. funny how every body jump on the band ship just to be cool. These manufacturers just push stuff just to get you to buy so they can fund there kids college tuition. Heck they probably had the storm 2 made well around the time they made the storm 1.. Just a marketing gimmick tog et u to buy.

Also after the 5.0 upgrade coming soon here is no reason to upgrade. Storm 1 will run like storm 2 without wifi..
    09-14-09 04:30 PM
    I plan to stick with my Storm 1 for at least another 6 months unless it dies or is involved in a fatal accident of some sort. I might try to hold out for LTE, but not sure yet. Just have to see how this one holds up, but it's still solid after 10 months, so I'm thinking that it's going to be around awhile.
    09-14-09 04:35 PM
    Storm 2! Don't care what the retail is..

09-14-09 04:39 PM
    Keeping my S1 also. I think with any phone release there will be issues when it first hits shelves (i.e. trackball and bat. door with tour, uummm S1 in general ) and with the findings, leaks, and everyone's help from these forums, my storm is running perfect right now, so I'll hold out til my contract date, let all the release issues get resolved and prob. then get a storm 2.
    09-14-09 05:00 PM
    have my original 1st storm I got on release day and have not had any problems that software/hybrids have not fixed...keeping it!!
    09-14-09 05:01 PM
    I am keeping my storm 1 until I see a better browser for the blackberry period. Unless RIM adds a new browser I may have to ditch blackberry all together. The year will be 2010 and I still can't get flash etc on my BB
    09-14-09 05:05 PM
    My newEvery2 is march 2011. So I won't be upgrading to storm 2. Maybe by then storm 3... lol. I may consider upgrading earlier if the price is right(not likely)... say less than $200. Which won't happen. Does anyone ever pay retail for phones? Maybe I am just cheap though...
    09-14-09 05:26 PM
    I'm hoping I can get the two year contract price after having my S1 for a year which will be in November.
    09-14-09 05:35 PM
    Really the storm 2 only seems to have 2 things over the storm 1, different screen tech and wifi. I have no issues with my screen, and I don't need wifi. I guess it'll have more app memory too, but I can't fill my S1's app memory, so I doubt I need more right now.

The software on the S2 and S1 is going to virtually be the same. My S1 operates as fast as any of sal's S2 video's, my typing is about as fast as his, and when he says things like "it is better than the storm at typing cause it just knows what I want to type" well guess what, the S1 is going to have the exact same predictive typing software, so it'll be just as good. To me there is no reason to upgrade if you are happy with the S1.
    09-14-09 06:43 PM
    Love my Storm and don't have the money for a Odin...enough said.

09-14-09 06:57 PM
    I am keeping my storm 1 until I see a better browser for the blackberry period. Unless RIM adds a new browser I may have to ditch blackberry all together. The year will be 2010 and I still can't get flash etc on my BB
    I thought there was a third party browser that supports flash...

09-14-09 07:00 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD