I not I live the new software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 07:09 AM
    Considering the cost of upgrading after only 1 year (Verizon), there is no way I'd go to a Storm 2 at this point. I've yet to use one, but I did find that the OS 5.0 for my Storm 1 made it feel like a brand new phone!
    11-07-09 11:58 AM
    I don't see the point in switching to a phone that is untested. So I'm staying with my s1.
    11-07-09 12:58 PM
    Hanging with my Storm for now...my 1 year is up at the end of January, so hopefully I can do some kind of upgrade then...

when that time comes I won't be upgrading to a Storm2....my issue is not hardware related, it's software....I'm just not as sold on this 5.0 software as everyone else seems to be..I actually have not had much of a problem with my device itself...I still have the one I started out with....

to me the only gain with the 5.0 OS is the flick-scrolling and threaded SMS....everybody keeps talking about how blazing fast this new OS is, but I don't see it....the browser still sucks and now half of my apps either don't work at all or have lost some functionality...including some of the primary ones I use...in addition the new voice dialing doesn't work no matter how many times I adapt my voice, and I drive a lot each day so I have to have that working....

will take a long look at the Android phones after the first of the year...as much as I like the Blackberry email, I would like other functionality that is comparable to other smart phones out there...
    11-07-09 01:40 PM
    There are not enough differences between the s1 and s2 to make me upgrade to it...even though I get it for free from the verizon store I run...it is totally not worth it...wifi isn't that big of a deal to me and the software is the same...so why change when I love my s1.
    11-07-09 07:45 PM
    i just got my Storm like 2 months ago!! i am very happy with it and im not getting the Storm 2 now maybe ill get the Storm 3 when it comes out next year....cuz you know its going to
    11-07-09 07:52 PM
    I've got both myself. I have to admit the Storm2 works all the time. I love my S1, but there would a few times it miss the space key, lag a little, pause coming out of the holster. Nothing bad, just a hiccup. My S2 doesn't. The screen is better, WiFi is fun, memory, lots of memory!
    On the other hand, my wife didn't want the S2. She said it wasn't worth it and has kept her S1. Kind of a personal taste thing. Me .... I think they are both pretty sweet.
    11-07-09 08:13 PM
    I'm only hanging onto my S1 long enough to replace it with something that's not a Blackberry. I've had enough . . . Android beckons.

When a decent Android-based world phone becomes available, my Storm will be featured in a short Youtube video demonstrating its effectiveness at stopping 185gr FMJ .40S&W rounds from 9 yards.
    11-08-09 12:25 AM
    i had some issues with my beloved storm 1.. bluetooth quit.. wouldn't play media files anymore, etc.. so I bit the bullet and upgraded... I have to say I was skeptical at first.. I wasn't sold on the new click... and more than once wished for my S1 back... but its been a week and I wouldn't trade it for the world.. it was so worth it.. the phone doesn't lag.. no more spinning clock.. I have about 30 apps and still above 108 on memory...fast quick.. I can type so much faster now..and even though I said I wouldn't use wifi I have caught myself several times using it with a slight grin on my face... but anyhoo... everyone has their own opinion and has to make the choice on their own! Me.. I love it and wont go back!

P.S. btw the salesman tried to convince me to wait a week for the droid.. I am so glad I didn't....
    11-08-09 02:08 AM
    Yea, I just got 5.0 on my phone and see no reason to upgrade now.

11-08-09 03:44 AM
    I'm staying with S1 at least until my contract is up in Nov. Between S1 and my 3GS i'm good for a little while. My next phone will run either Android or WiMo 7 if it gets a heavy dose of the Zune UI. I'm hoping for OLED, a 1GHz processor and at least a 4" screen on my next smartphone. The HTC HD2 has me drooling right now but it's running WiMo 6.5 so no dice..........
    11-08-09 03:53 AM
    With the release of the new OS .328 I'll be keeping my S1, at least until I hear/read more reports on the new Droid which does look tempting....
    11-08-09 06:48 AM
    If I go to the S2 it will only be to have the "best and the greatest." My S1 always ran fine with some tweaks here and a beta OS there. And I still carry an Ipod Touch with WiFi and some duplicate applications so WiFi isn't per se a real need at this juncture. Even the memory isn't real important since with .328, my memory leaks very little, moving up or down barely 1 MB during the day with FB, GPS and somne other stuff running on and off and I reboot at about 32MB free.

My NE2 doesn't come up till next August but I can roll my 1 year upgrade in December, the anniversary of my Storm 1. I think I can probably hold off till then.

b.b.
    11-08-09 10:45 AM
    Nope I'm staying with my storm for now. We have history. I'm fine without wifi, I already pay for data and I may get the 9700 since I have tmobile, but just to play with, not to replace my storm. besides if you wait you can get one unlocked for 100-200 when it settles in a bit. I paid 400 for my storm and now could spend less than 200 to get one.
    Sorry but I'm cheap plus I've put a lot into my storm, ill enjoy it for a while first

11-08-09 11:44 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD