Ever since I upgraded to .75 I get a white bar at the bottom of my screen when my phone's screen went to sleep in landscape (in the case) and I pull it out to answer a call in portrait.

It's like I woke it up too fast and it flips from Landscape to portrait but blocks out the bottom line of icons with a blank white screen until it's fully awake.

The process takes a few seconds and I have missed calls as a result of it due to the freeze that occurs in the phone recognizing any inputs while it's switching from landscape to portrait.

Any suggestions or others with this issue?

-Matt
    12-10-08 09:27 PM
    Ever since I upgraded to .75 I get a white bar at the bottom of my screen when my phone's screen went to sleep in landscape (in the case) and I pull it out to answer a call in portrait.

It's like I woke it up too fast and it flips from Landscape to portrait but blocks out the bottom line of icons with a blank white screen until it's fully awake.

The process takes a few seconds and I have missed calls as a result of it due to the freeze that occurs in the phone recognizing any inputs while it's switching from landscape to portrait.

Any suggestions or others with this issue?

-Matt
    That does not sound right. Possibly try re-installing the .75 update or call customer service to get a replacement. Could be a hardware problem with the display driver.
    12-10-08 10:12 PM
    I've had this happen a few times while pulling it out of a bb case.
    12-10-08 10:43 PM
    This happens and has happened to me on previous berries and actually on my storm. It seems to happen after installing a beta version ( not released yet ,dont know if beta is the proper term) of the operating system. It is not on my storm anymore after installing the OS released by Verizon. Maybe the cause maybe not. If it bothers you that much probably worth a try.
    12-10-08 10:55 PM
    I get the same exact white bar when in Bedside mode, and I am using the official .75 release. As I am having other issues with my phone call quality, I'm planning on calling CS to find out about a replacement.
    01-02-09 01:41 AM
    I've been getting this white bar since .75 and even with the leaked .85.
    01-02-09 02:23 AM
    Hmm...interesting. I haven't had this happen to me and I'm still using .75.
    01-02-09 02:30 AM
    i got the same problem. this is my 2nd storm and the first one had clicking issues. my 2nd one is near perfect, only thing was the white bar on the screen sometimes. but thats not what bothers me. i was thinking the next firmware update might fix it. but i called in today to get a replacement because of the dust under the screen. my 3rd storm will be here monday. so we'll see how that goes.
    01-02-09 04:58 AM
    I get it too, but only when taking it out of my Seidio holster.....had it with official and beta OS's. It must be caused by the magnet in the holster. Not a big deal since it goes away immediately for me.
    01-02-09 06:30 AM
    I have it happen occasionally, too, when pulling it from the holster or cradle. It goes away almost instantly as the Storm wakes up.
    01-02-09 06:38 AM
    That does not sound right. Possibly try re-installing the .75 update or call customer service to get a replacement. Could be a hardware problem with the display driver.
    A "display driver" is software, not hardware. OP: There is nothing "wrong" with your phone. This happens to me sometimes and is just one of those things you'll have to deal with for a while.
    01-02-09 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD