I just got my storm for couple days, today I notice that sometimes I had to press on a button many times for it to register. I had my phone on landscape mode and trying to press into options at the bottom of the screen, i kept pressing it slow or fast and it just wouldn't go into options.

Also pressing the screen in the center there is a click feel, but at the edge of the screens there is no click and it's difficult to select or click stuff at the edge.

Is that response thing just an software issue or is my phone defective?
    Wondering if anyone else has these problems.

I'm running on the official 109
    v4.7.0.76 (platform 4.0.0.96)

have my touchscreen settings set to 100, 100, 6
    03-11-09 10:17 PM
    Sometimes it takes time to press, like its loading. But with the new update it gets better
    03-11-09 10:22 PM
    You're either running .109 or .76....Which is it?
    03-11-09 10:26 PM
    i have no idea what version it is. i go into the options about, it shows me

when i went into the blackberry site the download for the telus blackberry storm update the site shows this:

Software For BlackBerry� Storm(TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.109 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.0.109
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.7.0.76
    Software Platform: 4.0.0.96
    File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel109_PL4.0.0.96_A4.7.0.76_Telu s.exe
    File size: 102.85MB

i said 109 because that's what i think people are refering to on this site right?

its stupid and confusing because the package version is 109, it consists of the applications which is .76, and software platform .96

so you tell me which goddamn version i'm on, and that seems to be the newest i can get unless someone could tell me where else I could get newer software to download.

where are all the third party and support for this phone, the ipod touch/iphone has that appulo site where you can download all the free apps. It's so damn hard to find free apps for the blackberry storm.
    03-11-09 10:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure that is .76, not to mention the file size is just over 100MB. My .02 cents.
    03-11-09 10:42 PM
    hmm so where do I get the latest software?

cus if that is .76 it's so damn ancient right?
    03-11-09 10:43 PM
    i have no idea what version it is. i go into the options about, it shows me

when i went into the blackberry site the download for the telus blackberry storm update the site shows this:

Software For BlackBerry� Storm(TM) smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.109 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.0.109
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.7.0.76
    Software Platform: 4.0.0.96
    File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel109_PL4.0.0.96_A4.7.0.76_Telu s.exe
    File size: 102.85MB

i said 109 because that's what i think people are refering to on this site right?

its stupid and confusing because the package version is 109, it consists of the applications which is .76, and software platform .96

so you tell me which goddamn version i'm on, and that seems to be the newest i can get unless someone could tell me where else I could get newer software to download.

where are all the third party and support for this phone, the ipod touch/iphone has that appulo site where you can download all the free apps. It's so damn hard to find free apps for the blackberry storm.
    Well, you are currently running .76 which is an Official OS for the 9500

You can upgrade your OS to a beta by looking in the Beta OS forum at the top of the main Storm page. Many threads are there to help you upgrade with ease.

Also, you can go in the Third Party Apps forum also located at the top of the main Storm page to get numerous free useful and useless apps
    03-11-09 10:44 PM
    Also, if you are on Telus, you probably have the 9500, not the 9530
    03-11-09 10:45 PM
    hmm 9500

i own the 9530 i thought they have a newere official app
    03-11-09 10:45 PM
    The Official OS for the 9500 was just released today BTW, it's .113
    03-11-09 10:48 PM
    I have the factory software and I have no problems at all with button response.
    03-11-09 10:49 PM
    i'm with telus and on the damn box it says 9530

so what r u telling me?
    hmm 9500

i own the 9530 i thought they have a newere official app
    AFAIK, 9530 is Verizon exclusive
    .76 is the Bell (I'm sure Telus as well) official for the 9530, as it wouldn't work for his phone if it were for the 9500. That is the latest official OS from the Carrier. Some don't want to mess with the leaks, which is what .109 is, and so they stay with official releases from their carriers. My advice to anyone interested in doing this is, only do it if you are familiar with loading software and "tinkering" with stuff like this. It's not hard, but if you search the forums, you'll read TONS of threads about people trying to do updates with the leak OS's and it fails miserably for them. I personally have redone my phone about 10+ times so far and only 1 failure and that due to my messing with the files. But I got it working again, so no biggie.

Read the threads on how to update and what not and then see if you have the gumption to do it.

This is a thread where we have collected most of the useful links.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...s-here-149667/
    Last edited by minigts; 03-11-09 at 10:54 PM.
    03-11-09 10:50 PM
    i'm with telus and on the damn box it says 9530

so what r u telling me?
    Dude, relax

Just up to a beta OS. Look in your about screen, it will tell you what you have.

Also, what country are you in?
    03-11-09 10:51 PM
    .76 is the Bell (I'm sure Telus as well) official for the 9530, as it wouldn't work for his phone if it were for the 9500. That is the latest official OS from the Carrier. Some don't want to mess with the leaks, which is what .109 is, and so they stay with official releases from their carriers. My advice to anyone interested in doing this is, only do it if you are familiar with loading software and "tinkering" with stuff like this. It's not hard, but if you search the forums, you'll read TONS of threads about people trying to do updates with the leak OS's and it fails miserably for them. I personally have redone my phone about 10+ times so far and only 1 failure and that due to my messing with the files. But I got it working again, so no biggie.

Read the threads on how to update and what not and then see if you have the gumption to do it.

This is a thread where we have collected most the useful links.
    Forgot Bell uses the 9530, my bad...lol
    03-11-09 10:52 PM

This is a thread where we have collected most the useful links.

thx, I have no problem messing with this crap, i did my psp, ipod touch, i even did the gps fix already for this phone.

just that i'm confuse as to how new the official software was that's all. if i didn't need to use the leaked i'll wait for the official but sometimes the official (especially the carrier specific) might not update very often.

and like I said onn the blackberry site under telus carrier. it shows this software package i installed is .109 but people here tell me it's just .76

so i guess now i have to go into leaks.
    03-11-09 10:53 PM
    thx, I have no problem messing with this crap, i did my psp, ipod touch, i even did the gps fix already for this phone.

just that i'm confuse as to how new the official software was that's all. if i didn't need to use the leaked i'll wait for the official but sometimes the official (especially the carrier specific) might not update very often.

and like I said onn the blackberry site under telus carrier. it shows this software package i installed is .109 but people here tell me it's just .76

so i guess now i have to go into leaks.
    No worries bud, you wont regret upping to a new OS, I'm on .109 and love it. Sorry bout the carrier confusion, lol
    03-11-09 10:56 PM
    No worries bud, you wont regret upping to a new OS, I'm on .109 and love it. Sorry bout the carrier confusion, lol
    it's ok, i was just a little pissed cus in the middle of the confusion

and you kept telling me some bs. cus i have the phone and box with me that says 9530 and there you are telling me that there is no way telus has 9530

I know i'm not blind or anything so.... lol
    03-11-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD