I just got this phone used, but like new. It works great. But everytime I leave it on charger overnite, its dead in morning! It came with a new charger still in package. Anyways, I left it on charger again last nite, and woke up to another dead phone! Not sure what's up, cause its new to me.... Any help would be great. The person I bought it off, said they'll take it back to verizon as only a month old, but looking to see if anyone had same problem. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 06:09 AM
    From the sound of it its pretty consistent that itll die while on the charger huh? I have heard of phones having issues depending on the OS installed, but it woulndt be that regular I dont think.

If you cam, have him exchange it anyway. Might as well seeing that you bought it used. That way you know that you arent inheriting a bad product at least.
    04-18-09 06:11 AM
    Yea, I'm prolly gonna do that, but wondered if anyone else had this problem, or its some setting in phone. Its all new to me. Wierd, cause when I do get it all the way charged(after screwing with charger)it works great, with no problems. I don't have another charger or if try that! Seeins the charger was new in box. They're gonna meet up with me Wednesday anyways, and I haven't activated it yet, so its no biggie.

04-18-09 06:21 AM
    I just leave it charged @ nite, and its dead when I wake up. Then I take battery out, put charger back on, and it works fine. Its like when it gets fully charged and I leave it on charger it drains battery or something...lol

04-18-09 06:25 AM
    Well, there are some rechargeable electronics that would drain then charge in order to achieve a full charge again, but not the Storm.

Seriously, return it if you can and get a replacement. It really isnt even worth buying a new charger to expirement if you can just go and get a new phone anyway.
    04-18-09 06:37 AM
    Yep, that's my plan... Just wondered if anyone else experienced this.

04-18-09 06:55 AM
    I always left my phone charges every night and pull my battery every morning. thats pretty much my cycle for my storm. If no one else is posting, then i guess other CB members are not having trouble.
    04-18-09 08:27 AM
    I have had this happen to me a few times but it only happened when I changed to a specific theme. Like if I loaded Appleberry on my phone it wont charge unless I take it off the charger and put it back on. (First time loading theme only) I had this happen with a few other themes as well. It's very weird.
    04-18-09 08:43 AM
    I just have the theme that came with it. Ill just get her to return it. It is very wierd to me...lol

04-18-09 08:51 AM
    This is a new one to me. Try a re set.
    options - security options - general settings - (BB button) wipe handheld.

Thers always the pos it could be a naff battery.
    04-18-09 09:12 AM
    This happened to me once and I have read about it happening to several others in this forum. Typically it has been reported as a one-time thing or at least rare. I have yet to see a universal explanation as to why. My theory for the time it happened to me was that my battery was nearly drained anyway when I put it in the charger that night and that it was right at the point where the radio would shut down. So it went into a loop of shutting down and restarting. It would restart when it had just enough juice from charging but then shut back down as it used the small amount of available juice in the restart process. Sounds wacky but I think that's what happened to me. Point is, because it happened to me I have taken notice of others like you who have posted about drained batteries after an overnight charge and I have yet to see a solid explanation.

04-18-09 09:27 AM
    Might be worth trying to charge overnight on usb see if you still get problem. At least you'd know if it was a charger problem or not.

04-18-09 10:36 AM
    I will try that usb deal soon. You're right, that would tell me if its something else. Just wierd that it happened 2 nights in a row, and I had better than half a battery charge before I started to charge. Its completely dead in morning! I take battery out, and put back in, hook up charger, and it starts charging and will charge fully. But I mean its drained in morning. Can't do anything at all. And even get a white screen with charging battery 1st, cause its so low...lol ill let you know how I make out. Ill try it again tonite. I just got it, so not activated yet. So its not a big deal if its dead again in morning.

04-18-09 10:56 AM
    Funny you tell me that the original "Blackberry" charger was still sealed in the original plastic...that to me sounds like he was using a non blackberry charger on that phone. Don't use anything but certified blackberry charging devices to charge your phone. Check the battery for any bulges as to he may have damaged the battery...trick is to spin it on a flat surface and if it keeps spinning your battery is fine, but if it stops spinning after a few turns the battery has gone bad... good luck.
    04-18-09 01:17 PM
    I just got this phone used, but like new. It works great. But everytime I leave it on charger overnite, its dead in morning! It came with a new charger still in package. Anyways, I left it on charger again last nite, and woke up to another dead phone! Not sure what's up, cause its new to me.... Any help would be great. The person I bought it off, said they'll take it back to verizon as only a month old, but looking to see if anyone had same problem. Thanks!

This has happen to me. There is a rare issue of the Storm needing to deplete the battery before it can be recharged. I have Verizon who replaced the battery the first time only to replace the entire phone the next time. I would recommend taking it back to Verizon for a phone replacement.

I've posted my story in another thread.
    04-18-09 01:38 PM
    My wall charger worked for about two weeks. Then it stopped charging my phone. I depend on my laptop to charge my phone. It could be the charger I would take it back to verizon and let them know about it. They are going to give a new charger with my new or refurb phone.
    04-18-09 01:56 PM
    Thanks for all the advice, I'm gonna try everything!

04-18-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD