I know there are a lot of threads. but are you happy with it? Happy you got it? I ordered mine and should get it next week. SO many people seem to hate it and are very unhappy about it. Even though a new OS is on the way, they seem to think it wont help..

Are you happy with your storm?
    11-21-08 05:34 PM
    I'm kinda happy with it. I'm used to the look and feel of the keyboard on the Curve but will sacrifice that for the larger memory of the Storm and large display.
    11-21-08 05:36 PM
    I love mine, once i got the settings tweaked it was awesome.
    11-21-08 05:36 PM
    Yes, I LOVE it. I have to admit that I was a little disenchanted for the first couple of hours, but that is always the case with a new device, no? Mostly the slowdon factor with typing had me irritated, but I must say, I am slowly getting the hang of it and it is going better. I can tell it is something I WILL get used to and be quick at. Just a matter of retraining my fat thumbs! lol!
    11-21-08 05:37 PM
    Extremely. It's taking some getting used to, especially the qwerty keypad and typing but I absolutely love it.
    So far, not happy. With the storm, you basically get a bigger screen and lose fast typing, reliable typing, fast navigation, basically everything that makes a blackberry a blackberry.
    I am for sure, its my first blackberry. I wasn't gonna get it at launch, but when they called me to tell me it was in and wanted to know if I wanted it I had to bite.
    11-21-08 05:39 PM
    i'm really enjoying mine. coming from an iphone, ive had experience with touch screen. i just need to tweak the settings and get it the way i want it. then im set
    11-21-08 05:42 PM
    Yes.The positives far outweigh the negatives.

The screen is awesome (almost as good as the Bold)
    The sound rocks (much better than my old Curve)
    The fit and finish is better than any smartphone I've ever had
    The Price was very right...
    Its the same awesome BB email we've been used to
    The accessories are very well made
    The gap "issue" is already forgotten
    No problem with the browser. Not the best, but just fine for me.

I admit:
    It is laggy (this will be fixed soon IMO)
    The touchscreen takes getting used to (I am already halfway there)
    The battery could be better (common problem with smartphones)
    The screen depresses easier in the middle (not a big difference)

I would recommend it to anyone, but you must be willing to embrace a little change. Its not what you are used to.
    11-21-08 05:44 PM
    Not that I have no complaints. and I have a good idea which complaints will be fixed over time, which ones will always annoy me, and which ones are just an adjustment and self-training period.

It is *really* slick though. People who are all about functionality and speed should probably stay with a conventional Berry. This puppy's for gadget minded types.
    --bg
    11-21-08 05:46 PM
    So far I love it except for the bubbles that I see on the screen - http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bub...-screen-99369/
    11-21-08 05:49 PM
    Yes.The positives far outweigh the negatives.

The screen is awesome (almost as good as the Bold)
    The sound rocks (much better than my old Curve)
    The fit and finish is better than any smartphone I've ever had
    The Price was very right...
    Its the same awesome BB email we've been used to
    The accessories are very well made
    The gap "issue" is already forgotten
    No problem with the browser. Not the best, but just fine for me.

I admit:
    It is laggy (this will be fixed soon IMO)
    The touchscreen takes getting used to (I am already halfway there)
    The battery could be better (common problem with smartphones)
    The screen depresses easier in the middle (not a big difference)

I would recommend it to anyone, but you must be willing to embrace a little change. Its not what you are used to.
    I am glad to see amongst the haters and the people not willing to give the phone a chance, a sensible post like yours.

I love my Storm and I'm sticking with my new love.
    11-21-08 05:50 PM
    I love it! Well worth it.
    11-21-08 05:51 PM
    In some ways yes and in some ways i do miss my curve. I am finding browser navigation to be alittle tedious right now. I miss the page down button (8) in opera mini on the curve that's for sure. Typing I must get used to. I have to get a nice rythym down and remember to take my finger OFF the screen before hitting another key. Other than that though i haven't made too many typos. I don't love it yet.... don't hate it yet. I WILL give it the full 30 days before I decide whether to keep it or exchange for the curve again.
    11-21-08 06:00 PM
    Love it. Visual voicemail is amazing...!
    11-21-08 06:01 PM
    I'm tickled pink actually. 9 hrs and I can live with all the glitches. Many are minimized if you know how to configure and use the phone.
    11-21-08 06:03 PM
    I've had mine for several hours now and really like it as well. Haven't noticed any huge issues with lag in the OS, but we'll see, haven't done a lot of heavy lifting as far as media and the like is concerned, but it's definitely better than any other phone available from VZW, IMO.
    11-21-08 06:07 PM
    I'm definitely happy with my purchase and I paid a lot more than others to obtain it (having to cancel an existing Verizon contract). There's a few things to get used to but I'm already typing and getting the hang of the quirks with the touch keyboards and I really love the interface.

When 3rd party programs get up to snuff, I'll really be happy. I miss Viigo, and a the FB and TwitterBerry apps are useable but could use some polish.
    11-21-08 06:08 PM
    I'm loving it so far!
    11-21-08 06:19 PM
    At first I was wondering if it was worth the wait but I also remembered reading from a bunch of people that you really have to play around with it before you will probably begin to enjoy it. They were right. After using it for a few hours I have discovered that I really love this phone and the few things I dislike I think will be fixed over time with updates and new apps.

Of course I had some crappy Motorola Razor for the past two years so it didn't take much to win me over.

Like people have been saying for a while, all a matter of personal taste and what you want out of your phone.
    11-21-08 06:26 PM
    So far, I love it.
    It's a new type of device so its gonna take some time to get used to, but the potential is awesome.

I also think there are a lot of very unhappy people around after the shortages and system crashes. How I lucked out at a store that had 110 units, I'll never know.

(It was a pretty poor launch!)
    11-21-08 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD