Hi All

Found this on fleabay item number 190301257942 (Not able to post links or pm yet, so sorry no easy click)

Just wondered if anyone has one of these and can comment.

The second battery charger sounds so convenient.

I was also wondering how it copes with a "skinned" storm? The fact that the OEM one does not fit a skinned storm puts me off completely

Cheers

Lee
    05-04-09 02:59 AM
    I do not have this charger. But it looks like it will not work with a skin since the bottom slides into a lip. And I would be leery of charging my phone on something shipped from an ebay dealer in China. But maybe I'm paranoid.

I do have the BB chrome dock and I use a skin. I take the skin off at night and put it back on the in morning. It's not perfect but it's fine for me. Worse comes to worse I'll be out $10 buying a new skin in a few months.
    05-04-09 03:14 AM
    It looks cool at least.
    05-04-09 03:45 AM
    I totally dig the way they designed that with the spare battery tucked in there. Smooth! I wonder if you can plug the OEM charger into it because I too tend to be paranoid about that. However I will admit zi have one of the Cellet portrait mode charge cradles from China and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 04:18 AM
    I bet the charger is a generic micro usb connector.

It is a shame that RIM didn't use this connector, would make life a lot easier.

Think I may take the plunge and get one. Don't have a spare battery yet, but will probably need one in due course.

Promise to let everyone know how I get along

Lee
    05-04-09 05:03 AM
    Ebay UK Shop - oman666 (Morpeth Mobiles)

I purchased back in February after I'd bought the Storm and have to admit this is a brilliant buy for �22, delivery from South Shields obviously UK was superb as well. The best part is that you will receive a Charger for both the Storm and the second battery included in the price and USB connection to a PC! I've checked again prior to posting and this is also still available at the same price definately highly recommended - go for it!!
    05-04-09 05:16 AM
    Hi All

Found this on fleabay item number 190301257942 (Not able to post links or pm yet, so sorry no easy click)

Just wondered if anyone has one of these and can comment.

The second battery charger sounds so convenient.

I was also wondering how it copes with a "skinned" storm? The fact that the OEM one does not fit a skinned storm puts me off completely

Cheers

Lee
    I purchased this from a different vendor. This will only work with a naked storm, no skins. Mine is naked, except for an extremely thin grip on the battery door (made by e-Grips). The phone will not sit properly and will not charge. I can only assume it will be worse with a full skin.

The LED is very bright. As I use my storm as an alarm clock on my bed stand, I had to disable the LED.

Finally, although it uses the Micro USB connector for the storm, it uses a mini usb connector for the cradle. So don't expect to use the AC Charge or USB cable on the Storm itself. It's only for the cradle.

I finally gave up with this cradle, since it wouldn't charge my Storm with the grip and picked up the Sedio charger (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=5ulVEFlW).
    05-04-09 07:45 AM
    i have used this dock for about 4 months now and i NEVER have battery issues any more. it stays on my desk. i used to charge my phone overnight at my bedside...but i no longer have to do that with the extra battery.

this thing is the best accessory i have bought for my storm, by far.

you cannot used the stock connector...but it comes with a power cord and a usb cord (mine did anyway...check the auction to be sure)
    05-04-09 08:04 AM
    Ebay UK Shop - oman666 (Morpeth Mobiles)

I purchased back in February after I'd bought the Storm and have to admit this is a brilliant buy for �22, delivery from South Shields obviously UK was superb as well. The best part is that you will receive a Charger for both the Storm and the second battery included in the price and USB connection to a PC! I've checked again prior to posting and this is also still available at the same price definately highly recommended - go for it!!
    Hi DorsetRed

Help me out please, found oman666 on fleabay, but not the item you suggest above either as listed or completed listing. Can you point me in the right direction please. Either a link or listing number would be gr8

Thanks in advance

Lee
    05-04-09 09:13 AM
    Found it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blackberry-Storm-9500-Sync-Cradle-USB-charger-Battery_W0QQitemZ360148339772QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Computing_LaptopAccessories_RL?hash=item360148339 772&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|3 9%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Think I would prefer the Horizontal look

Thanks for your input though, nice to find another UK BB user
    05-04-09 09:20 AM
    Found it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blackberry-Storm-9500-Sync-Cradle-USB-charger-Battery_W0QQitemZ360148339772QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Computing_LaptopAccessories_RL?hash=item360148339 772&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|3 9%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Think I would prefer the Horizontal look

Thanks for your input though, nice to find another UK BB user
    That's the one I have and it has worked well for me so far after a couple months. The only thing you should be aware of is that the extra battery charger is fitted to a standard 1400mAh battery. I have a Seidio 1600 mAh battery and it's a very tight fit and requires quite a bit of force to get in there far enough to make contact. That also means a bit of work to get it out...lol. Of course the 1600 is also a very tight fit in the phone itself, so I wasn't surprised. Just something to think about...
    05-04-09 03:56 PM
    Pleased that I could help especially as I'd also ordered a spare battery elsewhere and was totally surprised to receive one with the package.
    05-04-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD