Hey all,

My pearl decided to die on me and give me the white screen of death. I tried re-loading the OS and all the other stuff you're supposed to do. It worked for a couple of days there & then yesterday it decided to stop working. I went to go answer a BBM and the screen went white. No battery pulls helped, OS reload didn't work again.

My Alltel area was just switched to Verizon. I was looking at getting the storm because of the different ways you can text. I love the SureType function on my pearl.

It was really easy to get used to. Has anyone here upgraded from a pearl to the storm? If so, was the transition easy, do you like it?
    10-19-09 08:26 PM
    i went from pearl to storm, wasnt easy, but in time i was able to type almost just as fast as i did on the pearl. if your looking for a switch now, anyday now the s2 will launch, ide look into that. ide put the s1 out of the pic.
    but i do like my storm and ive never had any problems with, i just need to treat it how it wants to be treated haha.
    10-19-09 08:41 PM
    i went from pearl to storm, wasnt easy, but in time i was able to type almost just as fast as i did on the pearl. if your looking for a switch now, anyday now the s2 will launch, ide look into that. ide put the s1 out of the pic.
    but i do like my storm and ive never had any problems with, i just need to treat it how it wants to be treated haha.
    cool! thanks for the info. the only reason why i am thinking s1 is because it's 50.00 w/ 2 yr contract @ verizon, and i get a 50.00 for their new every 2 program. so basically it's free. plus it's been out for awhile so i would assume most of the kinks are worked out.

i always wait to get a newer phone (s2) because of all the bugs that need to be tested and worked out.
    10-19-09 09:26 PM
    I know this is a blackberry site but the Motorola Droid is coming out soon (it's an android phone) and that phone looks promising you might want to check that out. Anyways the Storm 2 probably wont have to many bugs since they just took the Storm 1 and upgraded everything and just made it an overall better phone.

Bugs usually only occur on new models (like when the storm 1 came out)
    10-19-09 11:16 PM
    I also made that transition wen the s1 released and I luv this phone a lot... I agree with looking n 2 the s2 as well, my phone does work well but I'm running .230 (full) an I still encounter a lot of bugs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:28 PM
    I went from the 8830WE to the Storm, does that count? Kinda like the pearl but with a full keyboard. Anyways I love my Storm.
    10-20-09 01:12 AM
    I went from the 8830WE to the Storm, does that count? Kinda like the pearl but with a full keyboard. Anyways I love my Storm.
    yeah it counts! lol

i just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the storm. i was going to go with the tour but i like the lanscape and portait texting options on the storm. with the tour, you only get QWERTY keypad.
    10-20-09 01:53 AM
    I know this is a blackberry site but the Motorola Droid is coming out soon (it's an android phone) and that phone looks promising you might want to check that out. Anyways the Storm 2 probably wont have to many bugs since they just took the Storm 1 and upgraded everything and just made it an overall better phone.

Bugs usually only occur on new models (like when the storm 1 came out)
    I read about that earlier today. It does look promising. I don't really like motorolas though; I've had bad experiences. After buying the pearl (which was my first BB), I have decided I want to stick w/ BB.
    10-20-09 01:55 AM
    my friend had a pearl and went to a storm she had a hard time adjusting but she is happier
    10-20-09 10:04 AM
    sticking with blackberry doesnt sound like a bad idea. I went from a samsung saga to a blackberry storm
    10-20-09 10:05 AM
    I had a Pearl for 10 months before switching to the Storm. I too really like SureType and had no trouble switching over to the Storm.

My current Storm is running a 5.0 hybrid OS and it is really nice.

However, as other people have said, the Storm2 will be out within the next few weeks (supposedly). I will probably pay the money to upgrade when it does come out. All the reviews I've seen indicate that is improved in so many little ways (even compared to a Storm 1 running OS 5.0), that I think it will be worth it (to me). In your case, I would definitely wait for the Storm2.
    10-20-09 10:41 AM
    i had my pearl for about 1 1/2 years it was the best phone i ever had til the storm, the storm is like a big screen version almost everything is the same, i didnt really have a problem switching over from pearl to storm just like a lot of other people in this thread
    10-20-09 12:25 PM
    I had the pearl and broke that. I got the storm and I love it, better than the pearl by far.
    10-20-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks for all your opinions everyone

I played around with my boyfriends storm, and i was pressing the wrong keys on the landscape texting mode

I actually decided to go with the Tour. I and have been reading really good reviews on it. I would need keys to type with. But, if it doesn't work out, I have 30 days to return it and then I can get the storm.

Wish me luck!
    10-20-09 09:40 PM
    Thanks for all your opinions everyone

I played around with my boyfriends storm, and i was pressing the wrong keys on the landscape texting mode

I actually decided to go with the Tour. I and have been reading really good reviews on it. I would need keys to type with. But, if it doesn't work out, I have 30 days to return it and then I can get the storm.

Wish me luck!
    To each his (or her) own. The beauty of a BlackBerry: they have a device to suit your needs and desires. Can they say the same about some other devices? *COUGH apple COUGH* Whichever way you decide to go, I wish you luck with your new device.
    10-21-09 12:35 AM
    Another Pearl to Storm user here. LOVE SureType!

Easy transition, especially running a newer, leaked OS (.151 in my case).
    10-21-09 12:41 AM
    i originally had a pearl 8130 on US cellular, but when i dropped it and the screen broke, they wanted more than i paid for the phone to replace (even with the insurance).

anyway, i was just waiting for an excuse to go get a storm and have really enjoyed it. everything was a better experience for me once i got a later OS. yeah it's not perfect, but what is? the transition was quite easy
    10-21-09 01:01 AM
    i originally had a pearl 8130 on US cellular, but when i dropped it and the screen broke, they wanted more than i paid for the phone to replace (even with the insurance).

anyway, i was just waiting for an excuse to go get a storm and have really enjoyed it. everything was a better experience for me once i got a later OS. yeah it's not perfect, but what is? the transition was quite easy
    i dropped mine to at a metallica concert. my original hard case broke so i had a silicone one on it (which i hate those kind), but took it off before i entered the venue. it dropped on concrete stairs. ouch.

I really loved the Pearl. I just hope the Tour (or Storm if I dont like Tour) will make me forget I ever owned the pearl!
    10-21-09 03:19 AM
    It was hard at first but now I can type faster on my storm. I tried one of my friend's pearls the other day and I could not type at all on those little buttons now lol
    10-21-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD