I have cold feet! Of course that's because it's 27 degrees (not counting the windchill factor) outside my local verizon store right now.

But that's ok with me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its 39 here but i am not standing outside of verizon...yet. I am going to be very well prepared tho. will be heading to walmart soon to buy a thermos or 2 and a chair and for clothing i am putting on many layers. 4 layers for my legs and something like 6 for my body and arms now i just hope theres not already 10 in line lol
    11-20-08 10:52 PM
    all the reviews were completly bias. i guranty you all those negative reviews were from an iphone lover.

i myself. will be waiting at my local store at 4 in the morning. i want this phone.

a software update is the least of my worries seeing how i can update from the phone. i am sooooo excited
    11-20-08 10:54 PM
    Yeah, I'm seriously debating on leaving (only two in line rigjht now) and going to grab those same supplies (thermos full of warm stuff and a chair) myself.

I did bring a nice comforter with me though, lol. I'll put it in my car once they hand out the numbers...or just toss it inside the door when I go in to get my phone in the morning.

11-20-08 10:55 PM
    I know how you feel, those reviews didn't hit me so well either.

The way I see it is they haven't had it for long, you have to get used to ANYTHING new, computer, phone, house.... girlfriend, but you will get used to it. I briefly played with it and I like it. I understand there WILL be software updates so that will fix a lot. I'm not expecting perfection, it is a first generation phone after all, but I know it WILL be a great phone.

thanks for that extra boost of confidence haha... im gonna take your word on it. I never thought i would be this obssessed with this phone, its crazy. Ill be at my VZW store at 6 am. Hopefully someone will be able to help me when i get the phone since it will be my first blackberry. Lastly, no phone will ever be perfect, nothing is perfect.
    11-20-08 10:56 PM
    Yes, cold feet, but not about the phone. About the Verizon Monthly nut and my current ability to take on new bills. I just cancelled Comcast Cable TV to help stop the outflow of cash. But I knew I was not going to get it the first day anyways. I will check it out in person when I am at a Verizon store within the first week or two. And take it from there. Dave
    11-20-08 10:58 PM
    thanks for that extra boost of confidence haha... im gonna take your word on it. I never thought i would be this obssessed with this phone, its crazy. Ill be at my VZW store at 6 am. Hopefully someone will be able to help me when i get the phone since it will be my first blackberry. Lastly, no phone will ever be perfect, nothing is perfect.
    good to hear, enjoy. And if you get frustrated, remember... it takes time to get used to something new!
    11-20-08 11:02 PM
    Some of these reviews have me considering the iphone. Understand that I have had an 8800 for a long time but it has so many IT restrictions on it from my company I pretty much email on it and that's about it. No web. I am freakin torn and you'd probably laugh at my list of my personal pros and cons.

Why I want the Storm:
    Just looks sleek and sexy
    Can take pictures and I can actually email or MMS the pictures on the spot
    RIM email is just nuts - at work my email hits my BB before my desktop
    Hear the VZW network is great voice and 3G
    I get a 21% discount on the rate plan I choose
    I would be able to cut and paste things

Why I am hesitant:
    I wouldn’t pound out huge emails on this – this would be a personal BB to browse the web on the go and email/text friends but a lot of people hate this click screen (I will find out myself)
    This is probably the #1 reason – Apple has so many cool programs – the commercials are doing a great job – Urbanspoon for example and even the goofy Ocarina (loved Legend of Zelda)
    At Bestbuy today the guy took out his iphone and showed me all the personalized program he has – very impressive

Why I want the iphone:

Cool counts for something – sleek UI
    As mentioned above – so many apps – useless ones and productive ones
    It’s proven and I won’t have to go through the rollercoaster of fixes
    I have been slightly brainwashed by commercials
    15% off my plan

Why I am hesitant:
    Camera – can’t send the pics so what’s the point.
    Will email lag or will it be as fast as BB
    Nervous about touch keyboard – while I am hesitant on the Storm screen pressing I do like my 8800 keyboard (keys are pretty small but it works for me)
    Will it synch my Outlook if that what I primarily want to use?

The media aspect isn’t that big of a deal to me – I have a few ipods that I use when I work around the house or go running so to me I don’t care about that in the iphone or Storm.

After visually looking at this list I laid out I really don’t know what I want. I love how the iphone menus dance around with your finger swipes but -----

This is driving me nuts….I am usually a pretty independent type person that doesn’t really rely on other peoples opinions but all of these reviews have me swaying in the wind like a moron.

I don’t need a phone. I really don’t need to create another $75 monthly expense in my life – but like I said my work BB doesn’t do squat for me and if I think an iphone or Storm may enhance my life in any way then that’s what I want to do.

I get my Storm on Saturday so I guess I’ll give it those 30 days to decide. I’ll be glued to the reviews on CB all day tomorrow (I’m on vacation)

Thanks for listening to my rant – anyone else torn over little things like this?
    11-20-08 11:02 PM
    its awsome no cold feet for me . just excitment and a cold body cause in 2 hours i leave to go in line lol.... ughh ..
    11-20-08 11:03 PM
    I figure I've got 30 days to scrap the sucker. I'm going to get it, and if it sucks I'll give RIM/VZW a second chance. If it still sucks, I'll have a hard choice between the Bold and the iPhone, but VZW lost my business.
    11-20-08 11:03 PM
    Denver:

If you are worried about pounding out e-mails dont get the iphone.

Those reviews were supposed to make you want the iphone (mostly at least)

Also, if you get a phone other than a blackberry (where I work at least) your company won't pay for its portion of it. At the place I work at they give you a blackberry with free service strictly for work use or they allow you to get your own blackberry (a cooler model) and pay you for a portion of the service. They do this because they CAN restrict what you do on it. If you go to the iphone, at least where I work, you won't get reimbursed for the usage.
    11-20-08 11:08 PM
    its awsome no cold feet for me . just excitment and a cold body cause in 2 hours i leave to go in line lol.... ughh ..
    Jebis Rice Sooks... what time are you heading out there?
    11-20-08 11:09 PM
    imann,

I work for a large company so I get a corporate discount on any plan that I buy - it will be for personal use so I can do whatever I want on it. VZW = 21% off plans AT&T = 15%

If I won't be doing huge emails (personal small texts) I could probably live with the iphone. But then the Storm it supposed to get it's own app store in March.
    11-20-08 11:16 PM
    imann,

I work for a large company so I get a corporate discount on any plan that I buy - it will be for personal use so I can do whatever I want on it. VZW = 21% off plans AT&T = 15%

If I won't be doing huge emails (personal small texts) I could probably live with the iphone. But then the Storm it supposed to get it's own app store in March.
    Yea and the storm definitely has the 'cool' factor as well. I personally cant stand the typing on the iphone
    11-20-08 11:17 PM
    I have thirty days to figure out if I want to keep the phone. I will let you know in thirty days [I]AFTER[I] I used it and have made my own opinion.
    11-20-08 11:20 PM
    Its all just a matter of trust. Do you trust rim to update the phone? As I see it the hardware is better then the iphone. Since the "click" is still under a capacitive touchscreen it "could" perform more like an iphone (tap keyboard, more multi-touch) with a software update. Giving users the option to control suretype would be wonderful. Even with the unsettling reviews theres nothing software can not fix. With rim investing so much in to this device I do not see them giving up on the touch screen. Who knows maybe I am to trusting and hopeful (dare owner chasing the storm).

first post, been trolling like mad for weeks.
    11-20-08 11:24 PM
    So far, all of the reviews have been spot on for the phone I want. I'm not a very fast typer anyway. I have a Voyager now, been through a Treo, the SurePress has got to better then what I'm use to. I've wanted a BB, but never liked their looks, now with the Storm, I like a BB's looks. I've been more excited after the reviews then before! Tomorrow is the day ....
    11-20-08 11:28 PM
    Yeah, I'm seriously debating on leaving (only two in line rigjht now) and going to grab those same supplies (thermos full of warm stuff and a chair) myself.

I did bring a nice comforter with me though, lol. I'll put it in my car once they hand out the numbers...or just toss it inside the door when I go in to get my phone in the morning.

ah lucky me i actually just went to get a thermos since i dont own one and didnt have anything to fill it with fixed that and got a chair. when going out to do so my local VZW store is right on the way. now i swear i saw somebody walking around inside when i went by to get to walmart. on the way back i drove into the parking lot and there wasnt a sole to be seen outside...supose its lucky for me that i dont live in a city. i dont have to get there to early.

oh yeah i almost bought a camping stove to take out there with me to .. figure if others show up they may want some hot chocolate..but then i decided that was to much to spend just to sit there

oh well atleast after tomorrow if i get a storm or not i can shave my beard
    11-21-08 12:01 AM
    I would not worry, I think that if there are any bumps in the roadway, they will be smoothed out quickly with updates. RIM has too much riding on this to not have it right quickly. Now go out and get that STORM.
    11-21-08 12:01 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD