Just wondering if anyone is getting first day jitters and is going to wait a few days instead? let the flood of people post their reviews... Or going to wait for an update to the OS? Again people are saying big update in a week for various issues... also the update should help quell our beta testers on the other side of the pond
    11-20-08 10:31 PM
    after seeing and reading the reviews... so many are negative... I don't know what to believe and who's being paid off.
    11-20-08 10:33 PM
    nope

I've been waiting and I want it now. Personally, I couldn't care less about reviews. I like to think for myself and form my own opinion. I've already played with it and liked it so I'm going to get it.

If you do decide to wait for reviews, I wouldn't read any reviews until about a week after it comes out. You need time to get used to the change before you can have an accurate review.
    11-20-08 10:33 PM
    Nope. I'm laying in the bed doing a final CB check for the evening, but I'll be up bright and early and at the vzw store about an hour before they open

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:34 PM
    If anything, I would ask someone in the UK how they like it. Although it may be sluggish over there because the new update isn't coming out until tomorrow.
    11-20-08 10:34 PM
    i think there are so many negative reviews because it's a new product and the bugs have yet to be tweaked.
    11-20-08 10:35 PM
    im quite confident that a new OS version will be out soon so why wait on getting the phone?

think of it this way, if you get the phone with a slower OS and get very familiar with it, once they do pump out the better faster OS, it will feel that much better!

Its like starting off with an M3, youll get use to the power eventually but if you start off with a 335i, it will feel that much better once you upgrade to the M3. ok so it might not be exactly like that but i hope you get what i mean
    11-20-08 10:36 PM
    I agree with the OS statements. It has nothing to do with the hardware. It's all OS and I don't mind updating the OS when the updates are available because it will only make it better. Within 3 months, my guess would be that this thing would be in perfect working order. Agree?
    11-20-08 10:38 PM
    **** yeah I'm getting cold feet! I've been standing in line outside a VZW store in Michigan. Its snowing like a *****... I... don't.... know..... if....... I ..... can ....... last the night.

11-20-08 10:39 PM
    **** yeah I'm getting cold feet! I've been standing in line outside a VZW store in Michigan. Its snowing like a *****... I... don't.... know..... if....... I ..... can ....... last the night.

how big is the line?
    11-20-08 10:40 PM
    I am. Not so much about the phone as the cost of the Verizon plans.
    11-20-08 10:41 PM
    im gonna end up getting it in a week.
    11-20-08 10:41 PM

You're not really outside now are you?
    11-20-08 10:42 PM
    i know im a newbie, and you might jsut ignore what i say. ! I asked one of my good friends to ask her dad (works for verizon) if i should get the phone tommorow and he told me this; I live in philly and he said that he is good friends with the East Coast storm rep for the phone who actually had some work in the final touches of the phone. He said wait a week or two for the phone to actually come from BB with the latest OS version. He said the phone will be better. Instead of upgrading when you get.
    Thats just my two cents.
    I always planned to try it out before i bought it. If I like it, I'll buy. Same as before.
    I am. Not so much about the phone as the cost of the Verizon plans.

my brother pays $130 a month for iphone including 7% grab your ankles youre in Jerzey tax
    As far as I am concerned As long as the hardware is solid, the software can always be updated. And from what I have heard BB does updates when they are needed. Unlike WinMo that you are lucky to get an OS upgrade once a year. weather it is needed or not. Ummm like it would not be needed.
    11-20-08 10:43 PM
    I'm going to go try it tomorrow and if I end up loving it I'll call the lady who is trying to get me the 100 dollar discount and see if I can get it, if I don't like it I'll give it another week to try it after software updates.
    11-20-08 10:44 PM
    You're not really outside now are you?
    Of course he is not lol.
    11-20-08 10:45 PM
    i know im a newbie, and you might jsut ignore what i say. ! I asked one of my good friends to ask her dad (works for verizon) if i should get the phone tommorow and he told me this; I live in philly and he said that he is good friends with the East Coast storm rep for the phone who actually had some work in the final touches of the phone. He said wait a week or two for the phone to actually come from BB with the latest OS version. He said the phone will be better. Instead of upgrading when you get.
    Thats just my two cents.
    They won't change any of the hardware, so it really won't make a difference. They just don't want you to hate the phone before you like it. Ppl in the UK sent it back because they didn't wait for updates which brought the sales down. So basically he just wants ot make sure you like it from square one
    11-20-08 10:45 PM
    Of course he is not lol.
    where would he be standing if not outside?
    11-20-08 10:47 PM
    They won't change any of the hardware, so it really won't make a difference. They just don't want you to hate the phone before you like it. Ppl in the UK sent it back because they didn't wait for updates which brought the sales down. So basically he just wants ot make sure you like it from square one

Thanks, im just so annoyed this is happening. Just like everyone, i want this to go right. Im so mad i even asked her to help me out the phone lol, it just put me down a little.
    I have cold feet! Of course that's because it's 27 degrees (not counting the windchill factor) outside my local verizon store right now.

But that's ok with me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're only cold because it's cold outside.
    11-20-08 10:49 PM
    Thanks, im just so annoyed this is happening. Just like everyone, i want this to go right. Im so mad i even asked her to help me out the phone lol, it just put me down a little.
    I know how you feel, those reviews didn't hit me so well either.

The way I see it is they haven't had it for long, you have to get used to ANYTHING new, computer, phone, house.... girlfriend, but you will get used to it. I briefly played with it and I like it. I understand there WILL be software updates so that will fix a lot. I'm not expecting perfection, it is a first generation phone after all, but I know it WILL be a great phone.
    11-20-08 10:51 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD