I just got an email from Verizon about earning a new phone.
    Seem like odd timing. I don't think I'm really due for a while (bought Storm in March). Is it a Storm 2 promotion?

Wondering if other Storm users got a similar email.

Took me to the general phones page. Storm 2 isn't listed, so I don't know what the deal is.
    10-26-09 06:25 PM
    nope, I havent seen an email like that.
    10-26-09 06:26 PM
    Do you have another line that might be eligible for an upgrade possibly?
    10-26-09 06:30 PM
    I upgraded to a storm back in may and verizon keeps telling me to upgrade my phone. I call them and asked them if it is correct and they said I still had an upgrade available on my line. >.>
    10-26-09 07:12 PM
    sounds like a nigerian blackberry scam :P
    10-26-09 07:24 PM
    I get flyers that say that along with my bill every month. I think if your bill is so much a month, you are eligible for VIP status and can upgrade your phone early at the discounted price
    10-26-09 07:26 PM
    I revieved that a while ago when I had my curve. It got me my storm but I had to show the VZW people the email to get them to give me an early upgrade.
    10-26-09 07:27 PM
    I just got an email from Verizon about earning a new phone.
    Seem like odd timing. I don't think I'm really due for a while (bought Storm in March). Is it a Storm 2 promotion?

Wondering if other Storm users got a similar email.

Took me to the general phones page. Storm 2 isn't listed, so I don't know what the deal is.
    SDSteve --
    I got the same offer via snail mail; no e-mail as of yet. AFAIK, S2 is not available under this offer. I'm pretty happy w/ my original Storm -- regularly updated with leaks & betas. As of last night I'm running 5.0.0.328. Minor glitches, but good for the most part. But I'd consider upgrading if I could get the Storm2.
    The same thing happened just prior to release of S1. VZW ran a "promotion" to try to dump old, less desirable phones so they could introduce all the new models in time for the holidays (i.e., last November).
    10-26-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD