I got my Storm 9530 in the mail last Wednesday evening. Been using it since. Love the phone and I think with some fixes, it will be an incredible smartphone. I seem to have a few bugs that I have not seen anyone esle report yet. Anyone else have these? Also is there an official full list of bugs?

1.) When flipping the storm from portrait to landscape, the screen does not always flip. I find this but to happen most when the storm has been on for a while and I have been performing tasks on it. It's not a lag issue, it just never flips. My work around has been to power down the phone and power it back up and it will be fixed. Sometimes, if you lock the phone and flip it while locked and then unlock, the screen will flip as well.

2.) I have one video I took that seems to be locked, I can not play it, delete it or anything. It says it is in use when trying to delete it and when I try to play it, it says "can not play this format" but I recorded it with the storm. I have successfully recorded, played, and deleted other videos so I am not sure about this one.

3.) I had this problem on the storms initial OS load but since I;'ve updated, I have not seen this one happen again. The camera on the phone stopped working one night. If would go to the camera screen but the camera icon would not be active to click. Only way to exit was to power down.

4.) Every once in a while, while in camera mode or viewing the main screen, bottom 1/3 of the screen is white. Only workaround I could find was the powerdown and power back up and it would go away. This has happened about 3 or 4 times since I had it.

P.S. I have the latest released updates as provided via Verizon/Blackberry currently on my phone.

Scott
    12-01-08 10:26 AM
    Anyone ? Bump Bump
    12-01-08 01:11 PM
    I just updated my Storm, due to a local tech recommendation, and my phone has never worked better.

Now on v4.7.0.75
    12-10-08 11:38 AM
    I'm having the video playback problem... I recorded the video with my Storm but cannot playback. Any fixes?
    12-10-08 02:01 PM

1.) When flipping the storm from portrait to landscape, the screen does not always flip. I find this but to happen most when the storm has been on for a while and I have been performing tasks on it. It's not a lag issue, it just never flips. My work around has been to power down the phone and power it back up and it will be fixed. Sometimes, if you lock the phone and flip it while locked and then unlock, the screen will flip as well.
    to click. Only way to exit was to power down.
    I had the just-won't-rotate problem a few times, especially with the original .65 OS release. Haven't had it since upgrading to .75/.76 that I recall.

However, when it happened before, I'd bring up an app that "forced" it to rotate. Then it would work after that.

If it's stuck in landscape, bring up the phone (which is portrait no matter what).

If it's stuck in portrait, bring up a video (which is landscape no matter what).

A bit of a pain but, beats a battery pull.
    12-10-08 02:18 PM

2.) I have one video I took that seems to be locked, I can not play it, delete it or anything. It says it is in use when trying to delete it and when I try to play it, it says "can not play this format" but I recorded it with the storm. I have successfully recorded, played, and deleted other videos so I am not sure about this one.
    I assume it is because the media player is still loaded in the running applications and is holding it. After you save it make sure you close properly and not switch applications.
    12-10-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD