I submerged the bottom � of my storm in my Captain Morgan and coke.
    I pulled out the battery and dried it with the air compressor quickly.
    Moisture stickers still ok. But it was wet inside.
    Dried it all up, put battery back in after 10 min.
    And it appeared to work, but an hour later I discovered that I could not answer calls.
    Placed storm on floor register all night and it worked ok in the morning except for a sticky screen push and the screen appeared as though there were stars though out it.
    I took it in for a replacement, and they shipped me a new one in 2 day.
    01-31-09 02:12 PM
    I've had moisture (rain/precipitation) land on the screen. Fortunately nothing else.
    01-31-09 02:13 PM
    On the first day my friend has her new storm she dropped it into a boiling pot of water and pasta. By the time she got it out forget it. She got a replacement from insurance and it has been working equally as good as my original.
    01-31-09 02:35 PM
    I left mine out in the rain all night.
    Nice, I know.

I took the battery out and left it on my dash for 2 days. Charged it up and turned it on. Works fine so far. The screen is a little cloudy, but if this is like any other phone I've gotten wet, should go away in a few days.
    05-18-09 01:30 PM
    my storm makes me wet kids!
    05-18-09 01:34 PM
    Lucky I didn't but I was so close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:49 PM
    my storm makes me wet kids!
    you're creepy...

what an old thread this is
    05-18-09 02:50 PM
    Worst thing my stor. Has touched is the cold hard ground. I jumped on my bed and my storm was close to the edge an it had a trampoline double bounce effect. And then some more significant drops. Still looks good to me and no issues

05-18-09 03:08 PM
    sooo

if you DIDNT know you were supposed to take the battery out right away and dried it
    and you tried to turn it on and work it and see if it still worked
    and THEN read forums telling you to take the batt out right away and dry it in rice etc (what it is doing right now.. after a nasty drop in the toilet incident)

what is the chance that it will still work after a couple days of drying in rice?

I'm so worried.. this phone was so damn expensive and i WILL get a new storm if its messed up but i do not have the 4-500 dollars to shell out for it right now and i'm so pissed at myself and just really hope the drying thing works :/
    05-19-09 05:32 PM
    My grandmother got my storm wet at the pool about a week ago. Since then, the green call button and menu button will not go dim with the rest of the phone, the light stays on constantly. Anyone know what I could do to resolve this, other than taking it back? It isn't a big problem and doesn't bother me too much
    07-02-09 12:39 PM
    I turn mine on so much it gets to that point

07-02-09 01:35 PM
    Just dropped mine in my pond. Underwater for about a minute. Pulled battery, put it in the fruit dryer over night, had a off color white in the white screen, seems to have gone away and works fine.
    07-02-09 02:56 PM
    so i got my storm about 3 months ago for 50 bucks from a friend, since then i have dropped it 30+ times, with no case at all, multiple times on the screen. i must say that this thing is indesructable. until now... went in the bathroom this morning to brush my teeth, and got a message. i picked it up and it slipped oh so gracefully into the toilet. as of now you can imagine how i feel. i take it out, pull the cover off and right before i pull the battery out, i look at the screen. its on like nothing happened to it. i immediately took it apart, and used a compressor to blow most of it out, left it open, used the blow dryer on low to dry some of it out. put it back together and red light comes on, goes off and the screen blinks. took it back apart and etc........

now im sitting here bored, with the bb in pieces in a ziplock with evaporative material. i finally got the os reloaded, but the screen works fine, until you click it. then it just goes crazy. battery pull and same thing. there was water in the screen, which screwed up the touch screen when you clicked it.

wish me luck....
    12-12-09 10:06 PM
    I have dropped my old storm pretty hard like 300 times but I have never ever gotten water on it.

12-13-09 02:46 AM
    phone works fine now, aside from the spots all over the screen. but from what i hear from everyone else it will go awayu in the next couple days? i hope so. its not horrible on the dark screens, the white ones you can see every single little spot tho. but i wont complain cause i dont have to buy a part or a new one, lol.
    12-13-09 01:58 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD