I can't see myself going back to Palm, let alone jump too Sprint! Anything is possible, but not in the foreseeable future!!
    02-20-09 12:20 PM
    Only thing I'd dump for my Storm is the Bold, 8900 Curve, or Niagara.
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    i think the pre looks cool but i wouldn't switch, i love the storm. Also wouldn't go to sprint in a million years. But in the pre-release videos of the pre they were using muti-touch/pinch-zoom. Are they not going to be able to have that now?
    02-20-09 01:00 PM
    Let's talk when/if the Pre comes to VZW.
    02-20-09 02:21 PM
    I left Sprint because of their inadequate service. I had the unlimited plan for $99 and am paying a lot more at VZW but at least I have service now. I would not go back to Sprint ..........even for the Palm Pre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 02:34 PM
    would never give up my Storm for a pre...

I love my Storm!!!
    02-20-09 02:41 PM
    Would not even consider it unless it was on Verizon.
    02-20-09 04:10 PM
    I can bet the Pre will be more stable out of the box then the Storm... This phone is a mess.. It(Pre) won't be without its own problems.. but better then this phone.

01-31-2009, 11:42 PM

I posted the Above.. and now that the Pre is out.... and yes i have one.

I can honestly say that YES the Pre is MUCH better out of the box then the storm was. MUCH less issues.. just some small issues with battery drain(i don't have this issue i did a FULL battery drain and charge, learned that for the Storm), and some outlook functionality that will be released soon.

This is just the facts.. it was a better/smoother launch and a better product out of the box.

The storm is still better with handling email.. but the Pre's "push" emails come at the same speed as the BB Storm.
    06-16-09 01:40 PM
    Not even if the Pre was for Verizon. Never would change a blackberry for a palm...
    Storm for a Pre?
    NO WAY!
    My exact sentiments! Palm is a has been for me.... I have had Palms for years.... then waited for them to upgrade the Treo line 'for years!' and in the meantime I found Blackberry. You know what they say.... once you have a Blackberry, you won't go back.... well that's true with me. I used to love my Palm Treo 650, 700p etc... even had a Clie' for quite a while.... started with the Palm III and had to put AAA batteries in it.... but jeeze how long is a guy to wait for someone to catch up?

Too little, too late.....
    06-16-09 02:17 PM
    01-31-2009, 11:42 PM

I can honestly say that YES the Pre is MUCH better out of the box then the storm was. MUCH less issues.. just some small issues with battery drain(i don't have this issue i did a FULL battery drain and charge, learned that for the Storm), .
    Just for the record.... you do not have to fully discharge and charge a Lith Ion battery when you use it. You can charge it anywhere in the discharge cycle.... this Nicad problem (memory) has been TOTALLY eliminated. It may make you feel better.... but it's not necessary.
    06-16-09 02:22 PM
    ok I am going to be completely honest..

My sister has the pre and honestly its a nice device the internet was much faster on it (even on sprint) then I imagined..

its a cool phone but not for me.. I am to addicted to the communication on a BB

but there is things that the pre does very very well and the phone is nothing to slouch at..
    06-16-09 02:59 PM
    YES!!!!!

Wait no.... thats not what I meant to say at all. Sorry, I meant no. I don't care to pay to downgrade my phone.
    06-16-09 03:02 PM
    Just for the record.... you do not have to fully discharge and charge a Lith Ion battery when you use it. You can charge it anywhere in the discharge cycle.... this Nicad problem (memory) has been TOTALLY eliminated. It may make you feel better.... but it's not necessary.
    Understood.. But the battery Drain is to actually re-calibrate the Phone's internal battery meter, not the battery. Learned that here on the Storm Forums early on... Remember the 100's of posts of "Battery Drain" (I just looked and there are a few right on the top page still). LoL So the same goes for other new smartphones. It needs to be done for the phones sake.. not the battery.

2. Lithium-ion batteries should not be frequently fully discharged and recharged ("deep-cycled"), but this may be necessary after about every 30th recharge to recalibrate any electronic charge monitor (e.g. a battery meter). This allows the monitoring electronics to more accurately estimate battery charge.[27] This has nothing to do with the memory effect.
    06-16-09 03:05 PM
    I'll keep my Storm. It's an incredible phone.

Grey
    06-16-09 03:08 PM
    Ok.. I will admit it. I jumped ship and purchased the Pre. The Storm was a good phone, no doubt, even with some of its shortcomings. Messaging wise, the Storm is great. However, after using the Pre for two weeks I ported my number from Verizon to Sprint. Let me tell you that I don't regret it one bit. The phone is seriously sick! Multiple apps open (at one point I opened about 10 apps) and the phone doesn't even hiccup. WebOS is seriously the greatest phone OS I've ever seen. I know Verizon has great coverage, but for me in my area, Sprint's broadband is MUCH faster than Verizon. I've owned an iPhone 3G and a Storm and I prefer the Pre to all of them. What I was weary about was Sprint's customer service. But to my shock it's been great. I mentioned to them I had good coverage everywhere except my house was 1 or 2 bars. No problem, they sent me their Airave (femtocell) for free plus free service as long as I'm a Sprint customer. You also can't beat their "simply everything" plan. The biggest thing I miss is Visual Voicemail - although I'm positive it will be developed for the Pre in the near future. I miss BlackBerry messenger, but with the integration of gmail/gtalk in the Pre it's really nice. The keyboard on the Pre took a few days to get used to but I'm happy with it (although I could type VERY fast on the Storm using suretype). Can't wait to see what comes next year from RIM, Apple and Palm.
    06-20-09 11:28 AM
    As a brand new Storm owner as of yesterday switching from the Pre and switching from Sprint to Verizon. My opinion I loved the Pre, yes alot of flash but very user friendly and easy to work with. Yes it is new so things are limited but still has great potential. The only reason I gave up the Pre was because we had to switch from Sprint to Verizon due to coverage issues. We have had Sprint for about 5 years lately our coverage has gotten worse. We would be in the middle of making a phone call and it would lose the call because it switched from Sprint to roaming on Verizon. Sprint said that is normal???? Well it got to be to much we are a law enforcement agency and trying to make calls became too much work on Sprint. I guess we will see how it goes. I like the Storm not as flashy as the Pre but nice. We will see how it goes.
    06-20-09 01:05 PM
    NEVER, I love my storm too much to get rid of it. I have had a couple of treos before my storm and I didn't really like them.

BB is the only way to go for me, I like the BBM and the push email, I am also convincing all my friends and co-workers that BB is the answer, and they have all been switching over to the good side. I couldn't be a trader!

Also, I live in Montana and there is no such thing as Sprint around here, Verizon is the only carrier that gets a good signal, especially when you get into the mountains outside of town.
    06-20-09 04:10 PM
    As far as I know the Palm Pre seemed to have some steam behind it heading up to it's release but really haven't heard much about it since.

Plus you have the iPhone 3G S which just dropped yesterday.

When it comes to as I like to call it now the "smartphone wars", Palm is hurting really badly these days, not sure what HTC is up to, and Microsoft I believe is more focused on OS for smartphones than devices themselves.

The 2 big dogs battling it out are RIM and Apple.
    06-20-09 04:33 PM
    two reasons:
    1. you don't really want to go to sprint now do you. I never had poorer service than with them.
    2. People have been staying away in droves. Reasons? is it just sprint or did they find out something we don't know.
    06-20-09 06:25 PM
    I live in Brooklyn, and have a friend who uses Sprint. I consistently get better service than she does. She doesn't get service in her apartment, I do. My phone bill is less than yours per month and is exactly what I need, unlimited txt, e-mail, internet, etc etc. The horror stories of friends and family in regards to Sprint's customer service are endless.

I would not call the Storm flashy nonsense. It is an interface based on simplicity and ease of use. I use my Storm for work as well as personal use, and get plenty of work done. If your user information is any indication, you don't own or use a Storm, and thus have no input as to how much work you can get done on one.
    Sprint has the best coverage in the whole NYC TRI- STATE area and i also heard you save like 1,500 over 2 years vs ATT-VZW To much money for vzw or att i will never pay that much for cell service......and dont forget sprint has 4G!!
    06-24-09 04:11 AM
    Pre looks like it has a great UI and very user friendly OS, But sadly, i won't be leaving VZW for a sub-par wireless carrier... and we get 50% off our bill anyways. lol
    I'd go T-Mobile before sprint.
    T-mobile you cant be serious the worst service ever...and i get 20 percent of my bill i pay very little for 3G service WOW
    06-24-09 04:20 AM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD