If you pay $29.99 to vzw for UNLIMITED email and internet its not really unlimited are you all aware that when you are on youtube, facebook, or myspace then it charges you for the amount of data its not unlimited everytime you follow a link thats on one of those 3 things vzw charges you for the data I was unaware of this until tonight when I talked to a vzw rep did everyone else know?
    12-22-08 07:25 PM
    I do not believe that is true. They do charge you to tether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:30 PM
    i haven't been charged to use any of those services either
    12-22-08 07:31 PM
    Pretty sure this isn't true. I'll be really pissed if it is. Can anyone confirm?
    12-22-08 07:31 PM
    even on the $99/mo plan?
    12-22-08 07:32 PM
    it is true I promise once you have used up a certain amount of data then it starts to charge it is nopt truly unlimited I am saying this based on what a vzw rep told me a few min ago.
    That's not true. I have done all of those things and have not received a charge.
    Sometimes customer service reps have no idea what they are talking about.
    12-22-08 07:33 PM
    No, it is true. You have a bandwidth limit. If you go over that limit they charge you. You have unlimited data but with streaming stuff you have to be careful

for any of you who went to boarding school its kind of like that. You can search the internet all you want, but when you downloaded stuff from the internet or streamed movies you had a limit.
    12-22-08 07:34 PM
    That isn't true at all.

I think what he meant to say that it's not truely unlimited. It's unlimited up to 5gb if I'm not mistaken, after that you will have to pay per kb. 5gb is so hard to do though even if you're a hardcore internet user. Even tethering makes it hard to do 5gb a month.
    29.99 is unlimited Storm internet plan ( up to 5GB )

The 45.99 is the unlimited Storm internet plan ( for business use with no cap )

To tether the Storm is will cost 29.99 ( 15.99 for 45.99 plan ) in addition to the 29.99 Internet plan.
    If you pay $29.99 to vzw for UNLIMITED email and internet its not really unlimited are you all aware that when you are on youtube, facebook, or myspace then it charges you for the amount of data its not unlimited everytime you follow a link thats on one of those 3 things vzw charges you for the data I was unaware of this until tonight when I talked to a vzw rep did everyone else know?
    Just not true texas. I've never, ever, ever been charged for going on youtube or facebook (not really a myspace person), and I've gone to those sites quite a bit. Also, unlimited on verizon means unlimited. Now, if you tether it's another story, then you're charged an extra $30 for 5GB.
    12-22-08 07:35 PM
    Data includes email, web browsing, videos on youtube, aim messages, etc. VZW won't charge you extra for facebook or youtube, or myspace.*

*Although streaming from non-VZW sources (like Orb or Sling) is technically in violation of the TOS the last time I read it, VZW doesn't really care unless you abuse it by going over 5gb/mo, and you would have to be doing a lot of streaming to do that.
    I don't know about on the $99 dollar a month plan but i just pay the $29.99 for free internet and email and the reason I asked the rep was because when i went to youtube my phone had a meassage that said youtube uploads a lot of data please make sure your current plan allows enough data usage to avoid any additional charges and I thought to myself how can I not have enough data space if I have unlimted internet and that is what the rep told me! I hope its not true as well!
    I am on all the time and am never charged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:36 PM
    you have to constantly be downloading stuff to reach the 5gb limit
    12-22-08 07:36 PM
    Calm down on me guys I'm on ya'lls side I'm hoping this isn't true as well or I'm just trying to clear it up and what better place than crackberry?
    12-22-08 07:37 PM
    I don't know about on the $99 dollar a month plan but i just pay the $29.99 for free internet and email and the reason I asked the rep was because when i went to youtube my phone had a meassage that said youtube uploads a lot of data please make sure your current plan allows enough data usage to avoid any additional charges and I thought to myself how can I not have enough data space if I have unlimted internet and that is what the rep told me! I hope its not true as well!
    That message is there by default. It's not necessarily directed towards you. It's just a warning so someone doesn't go with a plan that doesn't have unlimited data usage and then complain to verizon about not knowing. It's pretty much there to let the customer know and to also cover themselves.
    That isn't true at all.

I think what he meant to say that it's not truely unlimited. It's unlimited up to 5gb if I'm not mistaken, after that you will have to pay per kb. 5gb is so hard to do though even if you're a hardcore internet user. Even tethering makes it hard to do 5gb a month.
    exactly. if you are browsing youtube, facebook, myspace... its tough to use up the set amount.

If you stream live TV constantly then you may run into problems. If you read the terms and conditions, streaming TV is prohibited activity. I think they enforce that with the bandwidth cap.
    False. My brother has had a Pearl for a few months now and uses those sites and hasn't been charged for using them on the unlimited plan.
    12-22-08 07:38 PM
    Calm down on me guys I'm on ya'lls side I'm hoping this isn't true as well or I'm just trying to clear it up and what better place than crackberry?
    You could use this opportunity to educate the person you were speaking to so he/she doesn't spread more mis-information

That's assuming they weren't doing it intentionally in order to have you upgrade plans.
    5gb is not unlimited though even though you all say its nothing to worry about 5gb is not unlimited!
    False,

I have never been charged for data usage. It's unlimited with a soft cap of 5GB with plans for expansion to 10GB

I work at Verizon...
    12-22-08 07:39 PM
    The breakdown

Youtube uses flv files which are low quality files usually only 1-5mb in size. When viewing the video you wont use the whole size in bandwidth just a portion of it. So say we use 2mb bandwidth on a video. You would need to watch 2500 videos a month or 83 a day to use your 5gb bandwidth quota.

Now if you use your phone for internet browsing, email etc that too will eat up bandwidth but it's very minute.

In the end 5gb is next to impossible to pass for 99% of us. Their are some extreme cases where it's possible but I wouldn't worry about it.

If you don't believe me log into your VZW account online and look at the current data usage.
    12-22-08 07:39 PM
    buxley p that may be true I hope it isnt but I'm going to look into it further and get the whole truth and the crackberry community will be the first to know.
    12-22-08 07:40 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD