Anybody see this on HowardForums?

We just got the dreaded message.

Important Notice: Due to the overwhelming excitement and demand for the Blackberry Storm, inventory is currently constrained for this device, and Verizon Wireless regrets that we may be unable to fulfill Local Agent orders at this time. We are doing our best to replenish inventory as quickly as possible to fill all our customer's needs. The limited Storm inventory being received may be allocated to various Verizon Wireless sales channels as determined necessary by Verizon Wireless. We regret any inconvenience this has caused, and thank you for your patience. You will be notified as soon as adequate Storm inventory becomes available and we can resume the normal equipment ordering process

www. howardforums. com/showthread.php?t=1460998
    11-19-08 08:32 PM
    I hope that's fake...
    11-19-08 08:35 PM
    so basically its the same thing everyone has been saying.
    11-19-08 08:48 PM
    Ouch............
    11-19-08 08:49 PM
    off to the races
    11-19-08 08:50 PM
    what does this mean exactly ... ?
    11-19-08 08:51 PM
    There are not that many Storms. You will see lines like the Ipod and the PS3 for this.
    11-19-08 08:51 PM
    stores in town will have limited inventory)

The entire companys inventory to ship from. There will be orders

9 digit number is the application number
    cannot process number until friday
    They hit a button

First come first serve, but since they will be shipping from the ROOT Verizon company shipping station (telesales), there will be phone ready. Its just the STORES that will have limited numbers because they will not have unlimited phones there. When they say LIMITED.. that means they wont have 1,500 (just a number) phones just SITTING in the store ready to buy...JUST like they would do an xbox or playstation.
    11-19-08 08:59 PM
    so basically its the same thing everyone has been saying.
    Ditto.... this is the same answer but just a different form
    11-19-08 09:04 PM
    guess like the WEII there be 3 month waiting period ouch
    11-19-08 09:07 PM
    FWIW: The heading for the original post at HoFo is

"For Any VZW Authorized Retailers..."

Just wanted to add that piece of info for the OP.
    11-19-08 09:09 PM
    Whether there is truly going to be a shortage or not isn't anything I would know, but what I find comical about this is that all we know is that it was posted on HoFo. Not one person has asked where the source was or any kind of proof of validation, but if someone went to a store to play with a phone, there are demands for software version. If someone says they have one, there is a demand for pics. NO ONE questioned the source on this other than it came from HoFo, so it must be true?

Really? None of he VZW reps on this have heard anything like this, have they? Where could this have originated from then that someone got a hold of it and posted it?
    11-19-08 09:12 PM

That's helps a bit to my query. Still.....
    11-19-08 09:13 PM
    The corp stores should still have some. Whether that amount is limited is still unknown. I see this being a problem for the CC Kiosks, maybe even like the wirefly's of the internet also. VZW will make sure it's corp stuff is taken care of on the telesales and store side
    11-19-08 09:16 PM

Ooops! Yeah...sorry - I missed putting that in my quote.
    11-19-08 09:16 PM
    yeah the stores will be ok i am sure. its the resellers that may not get any stock.
    11-19-08 09:59 PM
    CC is a corporate store. It is not an Authorized dealer. Use the Store Locator on VZW and it will prove this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 10:08 PM
    well maybe all that CC inventory will get redirected since they are closing most of them or going out of business soon enough ha
    11-19-08 10:14 PM

Ooops! Yeah...sorry - I missed putting that in my quote.
    Thanks for clearing that up for us, sgtmilstack.
    The line omitted by cevtv makes it clear Verizon is directing this message to its "authorized retailers" (big box, kiosks, etc) and not those of us who intend to buy from the corporate stores on Friday.

I certainly hope the omission was unintentional on the part of the OP. Not funny.
    11-19-08 10:19 PM
    well i guess that deposit at best buy might not be such a bad idea now, but i rate this at 50% believability. I could understand that the majority of the Storms will go to the corp store, and leftovers get down to the authorized retailers later.
    11-19-08 10:57 PM
    I certainly hope the omission was unintentional on the part of the OP. Not funny.
    It was unintentional - sorry!
    11-19-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD