Ok, I�m sorry if this is kind of a long post but I am having murderous thoughts about my Storm. For some reason, the dial pad on my phone has quit working.

Again.

The speed dial still works, although it does not show that you have pressed the �3� button, it just dials it. This is the third time that a Storm has done this to me. The first time, I replaced the phone. The second, a tech at the local VZW store sat down and we wiped the phone. Then we re-installed everything. It worked fine. a couple of days later, it started again, so I backed everything up and, per his advice, installed just the email accounts, then added any apps that I had used before, then the contacts. I left a day or so in between each install to see what happened. About five hours after installing my contacts the dial pad quit working again. The tech said that there may be a corrupt �something� in one of my contacts. He went ahead and replaced the handset and told me to print all of my contacts and delete them from my phone, adding one only as needed. This worked fine until yesterday. All of a sudden the dial pad would not work.

Not only does the dial pad not work but if you are in a call and need to press �1�, you cannot cause� the screen is all messed up (see Photo)

Well you cant "see Photo" cause I don't have enough posts to include a photo but I think you can find it here:

yfrog.com/3rpic0082qj

I am also getting an error message when I place calls that says:

net_rim_bb_phone_app (59) is not responding

This is the fourth storm that I have had in under a years time. I like the features but am getting tired of spending time in the VZW Store.
    12-15-10 01:04 PM
    Thanks....
    12-15-10 01:14 PM
    I found this info that helped someone else:

Can you tell us what OS version this is with? If it's with OS version 5.0.0.419, this is a small glitch that some users have pointed out on another forum.

You can resolve it by changing the portrait mode keyboard to the Suretype or reduced keyboard (the one with two letters per key).

I'm not sure why this is happening, but if you are using OS version 5.0.0.419, this should resolve the problem.

To change the keyboard, go to Options > Screen/Keyboard and change the Portrait View Keyboard to SureType.
    sb84 likes this.
    12-15-10 01:19 PM
    You have got to be kidding me...... How is it that... never mind.

Thank you for your help, yes that did work.
    12-15-10 11:25 PM
    Glad that worked, gotta love those Storm/Storm2 "features" LOL
    12-16-10 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD