Please test this, and let me know if you have the same results.

1) Enter 2 or 3 calendar entries (appointments).
    2) Do a battery pull to reboot the Storm.
    3) Check the calendar to see if the new Calendar entries still exist.

(I am losing recent calendar appointments when my Storm reboots itself, or when I do a battery pull due to low memory. It doesnt happen everytime, but it does happen often enough that I cannot trust my calendar). Very frustrating.

Thanks!
    01-23-10 12:46 PM
    If the appointments you are losing are in the past, then you may be experiencing a known problem. See these threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mis...er-sync-33453/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/cal...ays-old-49285/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/all...mments-356930/
    01-23-10 01:21 PM
    Thanks, I am aware of older appts being deleted, but that is not what I am talking about. I can enter a few appointments for next week, then do a battery pull, and those NEW appointments may be missing.

It appears to be appointments entered within about an hour before a roboot or battery pull that are sometimes lost. Not every time, but I can easily reproduce this problem on my Storm.

This morning I lost several appointments for next week, when my Storm decided to reboot itself. Hopefully I remembered them all correctly when I had to re-enter them. Luckily I saw the phone rebooting, or I would never think to recheck these appointments.
    01-23-10 01:29 PM
    Are you running a theme? Sometimes they can have funky results with your calendar. If you are, try going to Precission Zen for a few days and watch your calendar. My guess is the problem will be gone.

If you're not running a theme, I have no idea what might cause it, outside of some 3rd party app that also does date stuff (like facebook???).
    01-23-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks grey. But I am running the Zen theme, and have had this problem for months, with different OS's, 3rd party apps, and with and without Facebook installed.

I have my calendar setting option to save for only 15 days, and have a feeling that it has something to do with this setting, or possibly another calendar option.

Either my phone is unique, or many people dont even realize this is an issue. I had the phone for 9 months before I realized it. By missing an important appointment.

If anybody else has tried to reproduce this problem, by doing the 3 steps above, please let me know how your calendar options are configured.

Thanks.
    01-23-10 04:17 PM
    I haven't had this problem. I have had at least 5 entries on one day before and after reboots they are still there, however I have my setting to stay forever.
    01-23-10 05:29 PM
    My settings are set to keep forever as well and I've never lost an appointment. That would be a pretty big deal for a phone that was designed around the business client.
    01-23-10 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD