I went to Epocrates website & says has BB version. Great I thought. Was one factor in changing to BB instead of WinMo.
    If you have palm or WinMo, you can interchange format w/o charge under current subscription.

However, cannot change to BB version w/o buying new subscription. Fine. Did do. AFTER paying, I get a message getting goto link to download that BB version NOT supported for STORM. Would have been useful info BEFORE buying.
    11-22-08 08:07 PM
    Well i'll know not to bother with this then. I thought about it too. I do not think they have updated to anything past 4.3 so the storm's 4.7 (or even if you upgraded a curve to 4.5) won't work.
    11-22-08 08:08 PM
    The free version of Epocrates works great on my 8330 (running 4.5.0.97). They released an update a few weeks back that changed the look of the search screen (so they are updating some stuff at least).

Don't know about the paid subscription though. And that stinks about it not working on the Storm :/
    11-22-08 08:26 PM
    Have message into Support. Doing a knowledgebase search DOES show NOT supported. Needs to be on BB info page.
    11-22-08 09:01 PM
    Got a reply back from Epocrates CS. They refunded my BB version purchase. Also, stated they will send message to web site folks to change web page to avoid confusion for Storm users who try to order.

They said a compatible Storm version is....UNDER CONSIDERATION. ???

Have they not even started with development??? What a deal buster.

My Storm will get turned in next 2 weesk for a HTC Touch Pro or Samsung Omnia on WinMo platform.

They tried to suggest the online version at m.epocrates.com. However, it too is NOT compatible. Cannot complete search box.
    11-24-08 02:43 PM
    Got refunded.
    Last update was:

Question: Does Epocrates support the BlackBerry Storm?

Answer:

Epocrates Rx is not currently available on the Blackberry Storm. We are actively working on a compatible version and expect it to be available by early 2009.
    This is deal killer. I will be trading in for a Samsung Omnia on 12/8 in the AM!!
    11-26-08 02:40 PM
    Pepid, an overly priced version of Epocrates, can work with the storm.

Is PEPID compatible with the Blackberry Storm?
    Yes. However, some users have reported issues with entering their search query in the PEPID Index. The onscreen keyboard (which uses 2 letters on each key) will only enter the first letter in the PEPID Index. Our developers are currently working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

They also offer a "mobile wireless" version which is basically a URL that you can go to and get the same information. It's basically a web version instead of having it all downloaded on the device. May work better considering the huge file that Pepid is, and it would be the most up to date.
    11-26-08 02:49 PM
    Avoid Lexi-drugs.

Skyscape usable.
    12-02-08 01:43 AM
    The free version of Epocrates works great on my 8330 (running 4.5.0.97). They released an update a few weeks back that changed the look of the search screen (so they are updating some stuff at least).

Don't know about the paid subscription though. And that stinks about it not working on the Storm :/
    did you ever encounter the error message "session does not exist, may have expired" when installing epocrates on your 8330? i had it working just great before i updated to 4.5.0.97 and now after a fresh install of epocrates it makes you do the auto-update and i get this message after about 1-3%. anybody got a clue on what the **** this is?
    02-22-09 05:48 PM
    no success. my Bold will not run Epocrates. On calling Epocrates, they admit that 10% of Bolds will not run the program, and they have no fix. I must have Epocrates in my work, so am adding an Ipod Touch.
    11-14-10 09:54 PM
    I know everybody is looking for the best FREE Rx reference, but if you're willing to spend $30/year Tarascon offers a very good, fully compatable app for the 9530. Easy to install and easy to use. I've just updated my subscription for the 2nd year. I've also tried to find a free app, but the Epocrates does not compare to Tarascon.
    11-18-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD