Ok crackberryans any of you had a s1 and swap it for a s2 without paying the full price , and I mean like verizon giving you one in exchange for something , tell your story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:49 PM
    I've only seen one upgrade story and it cost them the difference I believe. You're not going to get many (if any) stories about people getting free upgrades from VZW, that's pretty much what we're waiting for
    11-04-09 05:06 PM
    They arn't going to give you a Storm 2 to replace your Storm. You can get one probably next week for 280.00 and 100.00 rebate with a two year extended contract.

I ordered one today mine was 310.00 and 100.00 rebate and a 1 year extension to my contract. I get a discount from my wife's work, otherwise it would have been 350.00.
    11-04-09 05:22 PM
    I've only had my Storm 4 months as 1 phone in a 4 phone family account which I redid a month earlier than that for my kids. Any hope of snagging a Storm 2 for substantially less than the $539 non-contract price? I can't imagine they'd give me one for $280 4 months into current 2 year deal. Usually that's only available after a full year. But I wouldn't mind paying say $400 and getting a $100 rebate.
    11-04-09 11:33 PM
    Definitely thought about it, but once I got 5.0 os 2 nights ago..I think it would be absolutely stupid to get the BB2...if you already have the BB1 with the new os...
    11-04-09 11:39 PM
    True, but I did find out (it was news to me.. maybe not to you guys) that the "primary" on the account can "upgrade" every year. Not every two as one would assume. The rest of the lines on the account must wait two, but not the head honcho.

Found this out because I too have phone number 1 of a 4 phone family. Wife and kids. My wife was due for an upgrade, so in the conversation I had with the gal over at Big Red I found out about the one year upgrades on the primary for the account as I was informed that I could also apply the $50 credit I had "earned" that should go towards my upgrade.

Just thought I would mention it. And also find out if this is just common knowledge or one of those things a company has as policy/procedure/whatever but tries to avoid giving out.
    11-05-09 01:53 AM
    Definitely thought about it, but once I got 5.0 os 2 nights ago..I think it would be absolutely stupid to get the BB2...if you already have the BB1 with the new os...
    in my case the S2 gets much BETTER reception at my house then the S1 so i would be willing to Pay a little and extend my contract.
    11-05-09 06:48 AM
    True, but I did find out (it was news to me.. maybe not to you guys) that the "primary" on the account can "upgrade" every year. Not every two as one would assume. The rest of the lines on the account must wait two, but not the head honcho.

Found this out because I too have phone number 1 of a 4 phone family. Wife and kids. My wife was due for an upgrade, so in the conversation I had with the gal over at Big Red I found out about the one year upgrades on the primary for the account as I was informed that I could also apply the $50 credit I had "earned" that should go towards my upgrade.

Just thought I would mention it. And also find out if this is just common knowledge or one of those things a company has as policy/procedure/whatever but tries to avoid giving out.
    Yes, it should be common knowledge. All you have to do is login to VZW's site, select the primary number, and look at the upgrade date. You'll see two dates, one for your annual and one for your NE2. You could also read your contract.
    11-05-09 06:53 AM
    I tried last night, I went to the store in town and they all just looked at me like I was dumb for even asking. So I went outside and call CS, I spent 40mins on the phone and got no where. The CSR on the phone said if a customer has had multiple replacement storm 1's that they might consider some type of early upgrade. I said I was using my 2nd storm and I have lots of dust under the screen and she then told me I could get a replacement storm 1. I asked her about this multiple replacement upgrade and she replyed "Sir, multiple is four replacements" WTF??? I gave up.
    11-05-09 06:59 AM
    You know tho... it's just as with anything else. Every person you speak to whether it be a CS rep, in-store reps, etc... they all tote the same company line, however with a slightly different twist. What I mean is every rep has a certain length they CAN go to help you and then how far they WILL go to help you. I have had reps that seemed they would give me the shirt off their back. And still others who would not help if they could.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that YOU need to remain consistant and persistent with regards to your main objective. If you do that, speak logically and with a professional tone you WILL get more out of the conversation. And alot of people forget that everyone has a boss. And if you feel you are getting the shaft, feel free to request to speak with that boss. Sometimes escalating the call to that level could be the difference.
    11-05-09 08:25 AM
    so i am up to my 7th storm since i got it alittle after it came out. every-time it was a manufacture defect and didn't go through the insurance does that mean i might have some pull?
    11-05-09 08:49 AM
    Yes I say you should try it I'm on my 3rd Storm 1 and I was able to do a early upgrade to the Storm because I had a Palm Treo and it kept on crashing and with an account that has been open for 7 years now and I'm considered a VIP person I was able to get it the storm. I'm just thinking of trying my self. Also look for a sales person that might be easy going because that will help
    11-05-09 12:53 PM
    I got my S1 last year for christmas. Over the year I had 9 storms. All for different reasons, i.e. screen not clicking, SIM card errors, endless reboot, no network access, no 3G, etc. I took it in the last time because the SIM card error wouldn't go away and my network coverage was terrible even though I was in a great coverage area. (Everyone had 5 bars, I had 1 or none). I went in and they said that they didn't have any refurbed units so they gave me a brand new one.
    I got home and plugged in my phone and it wouldn't charge. I tried 3 different chargers and none of them worked.

I went back the next day while I was on duty and the manager that was working with me, they were very busy, looked at my phone. As i stood there I got a call and had to leave.

When I came back, she said that she went ahead and gave me a storm 2 because I had too many of the other phones.

I didn't ask for it, was not rude, and did not make a scene. I just wanted to get one that worked. She offered the S2 and swapped it out for me. She had it all setup and ready when I got back.

I know that's not common practice, but she was very helpful.
    11-05-09 01:32 PM
    I got my S1 last year for christmas. Over the year I had 9 storms. All for different reasons, i.e. screen not clicking, SIM card errors, endless reboot, no network access, no 3G, etc. I took it in the last time because the SIM card error wouldn't go away and my network coverage was terrible even though I was in a great coverage area. (Everyone had 5 bars, I had 1 or none). I went in and they said that they didn't have any refurbed units so they gave me a brand new one.
    I got home and plugged in my phone and it wouldn't charge. I tried 3 different chargers and none of them worked.

I went back the next day while I was on duty and the manager that was working with me, they were very busy, looked at my phone. As i stood there I got a call and had to leave.

When I came back, she said that she went ahead and gave me a storm 2 because I had too many of the other phones.

I didn't ask for it, was not rude, and did not make a scene. I just wanted to get one that worked. She offered the S2 and swapped it out for me. She had it all setup and ready when I got back.

I know that's not common practice, but she was very helpful.
    Man that's what we all are looking for what's that store lol I will drive couple hours to give a try ..lol :xD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD