I'm getting an unlocked storm in a few says to use with ATT and I wanted feedback from those who already use it. Posotive, negative- anything really! Haha just how everything works and if its hard to get some things working. Just anything...thanks guys!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 05:19 PM
    Go here first and read how to get all features for use with ATT.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

Next I like it, but we wont ever have 3G so if you need that get a bold. Otherwise you need to enjoy tinkering with the OS, themes, changing stuff around and you will really like the Storm.
    04-23-09 05:23 PM
    I have a bold. Just getting a storm as well. How's the EDGE on it

04-23-09 06:44 PM
    Its ok depending on where your located. Swap out the .90 radio code some people say does wonders.
    04-23-09 08:14 PM
    load the 4.7.0.132 release. It stopped my storm from crashing everytime i touched the screen and also make sure you have the service books loaded for att. THere is a a great tutorial on CB just search it.
    04-23-09 09:28 PM
    load the 4.7.0.132 release. It stopped my storm from crashing everytime i touched the screen and also make sure you have the service books loaded for att. THere is a a great tutorial on CB just search it.
    Are you telling him to search for the How to that I provided him?
    04-23-09 09:41 PM
    If you get your phone with .75 version. I will say just stick to it. As posted up here follow the direction to get browser enabled. I upgraded to latest version and report on edge connectivity. Now i have to use .90 radio with other OS.

.75 was very solid. Just little slow though.
    04-23-09 09:43 PM
    Haha I think he is. I got it. Wished it requires less work! Haha

04-23-09 09:44 PM
    Sorry did not see your link to the service books info. Be well
    04-23-09 09:46 PM
    Haha I think he is. I got it. Wished it requires less work! Haha

Its actually not that bad. I would suggest doing the second way, not the crackutil. I had issues with it loading and others have as well. It really only takes about 30 minutes if your taking your time to do it properly. I am running on .132 OS now and I have 90% time had EDGE. The other times is when I reboot and sometimes switch my HRT more than I need to, basically not giving it time to load.
    04-23-09 09:48 PM
    So I still have to do this even when buying it already unlocked and in use with ATT? I'm just curious. Thankks for lookin!

04-24-09 03:43 AM
    hey Burntorange817
    Here is my two sense. If your coming from a bold stick with it until the new firmware for the storm comes out. After the firmware has been reviewed by us and others, then I would say take the jump. The storm is a terrific phone, I myself came from the bold. I have to say the bold was also a fantastic phone but for us gsm owners, it just more of a realistic managable phone. If you have alot of time to spend and waste to fix and learn about the storm. I say take the plunge now. If you dont wait it off for another two weeks. So far, .75 is the offical version. Using all the leaks, and beta os has horrible effects on the EDGE/edge issue. There are ways around this, such as .90 radio codes, or messing with a few configurations. All in all, these methods just purely causes to many problems. So stick with what you have for now.

Mike
    04-24-09 10:02 AM
    So I still have to do this even when buying it already unlocked and in use with ATT? I'm just curious. Thankks for lookin!

You have to because its unlocked to make phone calls and sms but you cant do anything else unless you do those steps.
    04-24-09 10:38 AM
    If its unlocked and is used on att now, and they can text, and use mms, then I'm sure its already done with service books. Just ask them. If that's the case, you wouldn't have to do anything with it except put in your Sim, and change your IMEI on the bis website. Heck, they might of even updated the os if they were already using it on att. Good luck!

04-24-09 10:52 AM
    Mike
    I also have a bold and just to change things up I am looking to get an unlocked storm. To me it pretty much seems like using a Storm on at&t is like going back and using the 8310 cause there both on Edge, but one is touch screen. Can you provide any other insight from the Bold to the Storm? Like how the internet browsing and the call quality is? Of course there is no 3g or wifi, but does it make a difference? I live in the chicago area so I'm not to worried about Edge coverage right now. Is it worth the switch? Thanks again for the insight.

04-24-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD