So as I was looking for an upgrade to my curve I found this and instantly fell in love with it, but knowimg my luck I see that it is verizon only and I really wish that this would come out for tmo with UMA calling. So do you guys think my dreams will ever come true or should I look for a different phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 10:41 PM
    So as I was looking for an upgrade to my curve I found this and instantly fell in love with it, but knowimg my luck I see that it is verizon only and I really wish that this would come out for tmo with UMA calling. So do you guys think my dreams will ever come true or should I look for a different phone?

weeelll... if you poked around or searched, you'd find out that there is a GSM only variant, the 9500 thunder, going to be released in canada, which would work on US GSM networks also... but youd have to buy the phone outright.
    09-29-08 10:49 PM
    Ya it will be awhile before an us gsm carrier has it

09-29-08 10:53 PM
    Likely next year sometime it will come to both att and T-mobile.....gonna be a bit of a wait though!

09-29-08 11:27 PM
    do we know when it will be available on Verizon?
    09-29-08 11:33 PM
    I'm on t-mobile, too. So it's either pay a premium and get the GSM one on ebay or something...or wait until it is released through other carriers!
    09-29-08 11:44 PM
    do we know when it will be available on Verizon?

ugh... have you not looked at any thread on here, really? it hasnt been announced. rumored release is nov 1-3
    09-30-08 12:47 AM
    weeelll... if you poked around or searched, you'd find out that there is a GSM only variant, the 9500 thunder, going to be released in canada, which would work on US GSM networks also... but youd have to buy the phone outright.
    It will be EDGE only on T-Mo though.
    09-30-08 10:10 AM
    It will be EDGE only on T-Mo though.
    the GSM Only thunder? didnt think so.
    09-30-08 10:20 AM
    Damn so no hopes of UMA calling? That was one of the main reasons I bought my curve.

09-30-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD