Really gonna need one soon!
    Don't think Agendus or the ones in the App store are configured for the Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 05:31 PM
    Looking for one myself.... Getting frustrated.
    12-09-08 02:45 PM
    Check out got2 it's under the OTA apps or do a forum search. I downloaded it but havent tried it yet, it sounds pretty good though
    12-09-08 02:56 PM
    I played with Got2 for about 30 mins today. Great idea but not designed for the storm. Laggy and always runs. No way of closing this app down. I hope they tweak it a bit more for the storm. Something to look forward to.
    12-09-08 03:42 PM
    I actually got agendas because I need something asap. It's ok but I wouldn't jump on it yet unless you're desperate
    12-09-08 03:51 PM
    I've been testing the trial version of TodoMatrix by www . REXWireless . com. Its specifically designed for BB and can be configured for GTD, Covey or both methods.
    12-09-08 04:37 PM
    Hi

We at gWhiz do have an initial alpha storm port for got-2 available. It's functional but we recognize that more work needs to be done to really take advantage of the Storm. If you'd like to try it out, you can find it here along with our graphical calculator, gCalc!.

I played with Got2 for about 30 mins today. Great idea but not designed for the storm. Laggy and always runs. No way of closing this app down. I hope they tweak it a bit more for the storm. Something to look forward to.
    12-09-08 04:51 PM
    Hi

We at gWhiz do have an initial alpha storm port for got-2 available. It's functional but we recognize that more work needs to be done to really take advantage of the Storm. If you'd like to try it out, you can find it here along with our graphical calculator, gCalc!.
    downloading now we'll see how it goes....
    12-09-08 05:16 PM
    yeah, i played with Got2 also, but i need something that doesn't sync with my calendar, i don't need 2 calendars, i need a to do list
    12-09-08 05:22 PM
    got-2 does allow you just to add task items (and subtasks) with no associated date or time. However, if that's still not what you're looking for I've heard good things about MaraTick which doesn't have calendar integration.

yeah, i played with Got2 also, but i need something that doesn't sync with my calendar, i don't need 2 calendars, i need a to do list
    12-09-08 05:26 PM
    I'm also experimenting with ToDo Matrix and like it a lot so far. It's an absolute full-service task management system.
    12-10-08 01:40 PM
    I use ToDo Matrix and Idea matrix daily. Both are great apps and I highly recommend both of them for people who have tons of daily tasks.
    12-10-08 03:12 PM
    Is there an application out there that displays a to-do list or appointments in the home screen of the Storm?
    12-10-08 03:24 PM
    Have any of you guys tried PocketDay? That seems like a pretty good one.
    12-10-08 05:43 PM
    Really gonna need one soon!
    Don't think Agendus or the ones in the App store are configured for the Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is NOT good. I just bought the Storm, but I need a good calendar app. one that can be configured, easy to use, show all tasks.....ect. I tried Agendas and it is not working well on this phone, even in the 1 day view, its not readable.

I assume that somebody will write a good calendar/pin app soon, but has anybody heard of ANYTHING to try other than Agendas?

Thanks!
    12-17-08 04:08 PM
    Soon a program called Pimlical will be available. A similar program by the same author has been available for Palm PDAs for years, called DateBk. It is fantastic.

They say that Pimlical will be available end of this month or next month. I can't wait for it as I have been a Palm user for years and forgot how bad the standard calendar programs in most PDAs are (BB included).

A BB version will be available.

Pimlico Software
    12-17-08 04:18 PM
    Im surprised at how bad this calendar is, and the task app that comes with it. It shows all my tasks, even those not due yet. The calendar is a pain, and not enough config options.

I used DateBk years ago. Are you pretty sure that they are working on a Storm version?
    12-17-08 04:41 PM
    I recommend Pocketinformant. This is a long time Windows Mobile program that has been ported to BB. A version that works on the storm was just released.

Pocket Informant BlackBerry
    12-17-08 05:35 PM
    I tried PocketInformant and NextAction. I'm probably doing something wrong, but neither program will shift to portrait mode so I can use the full keyboard. And there is no way to hide the keyboard to make things more readable. Both programs are tiny to my old, tired eyes. Anyone else have any luck, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a good program.
    12-18-08 06:24 PM
    I tried PocketInformant and NextAction. I'm probably doing something wrong, but neither program will shift to portrait mode so I can use the full keyboard. And there is no way to hide the keyboard to make things more readable. Both programs are tiny to my old, tired eyes. Anyone else have any luck, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a good program.

I just tried Agendas,there is a workaround to get it to kind of work, I dont have the exact instructions, something like options, advanced, applications, disable compatibility mode. This will at least make the landscape mode and keyboard work. But you are right, 1 day view is unreadable, and other problems. Ive also tried pocketinformant, but cant config it at all, the options dont exist on the storm - Ive emailed them about this, no answer. I havent heard of NextAction, let us know how it looks.

It looks like none of these programs has been modified to run on the BB storm yet, hopefully one of these, or DateBk soon.

I need a way to display my calendar, along with tasks, and be able to show only tasks due today or prior, and to be able to use colors, adjust fonts, ect. I cant believe how basic the calendar/task/PIM app is on this blackberry.
    12-18-08 07:08 PM
    This is NOT good. I just bought the Storm, but I need a good calendar app. one that can be configured, easy to use, show all tasks.....ect. I tried Agendas and it is not working well on this phone, even in the 1 day view, its not readable.

I assume that somebody will write a good calendar/pin app soon, but has anybody heard of ANYTHING to try other than Agendas?

Thanks!
    I had agendus on my palm tungsten...It is a rip off! They mess it on purpose so you keep paying for more updates! DO NOT USE IT!
    12-18-08 07:31 PM
    i bought pocket informant because I thought the problem was with the trial version, but it looks like it is buggy right now for the storm. the makers are very good, so I hope something will be out real soon.
    12-18-08 09:57 PM
    Down loaded these from REXwireless. com . The ToDO Matrix is just lovely!!! The program says that the calendar is disabled in Beta Testing mode, but looks like everything will sync to the calendar. It lets you put everything in a series of folders and lets you make notes and set priorities on each task. The big advantage of IdeaMatrix lets you have lots of pages and not just 256 spaces of text. On top of this, they have a desktop application where you can sync everything with the desktop. Is it expensive? Definatly. But the real question comes down to - what is your time worth? The program is 60.00. I look forward to seeing their product out of Beta. I still haven't had enough time to 'play' with it yet to see if it will be the program I am looking for. I wish someone else would take a look at it and see what they think.

SidIrish
    12-20-08 02:28 PM
    I wish someone else would take a look at it and see what they think.
    SidIrish
    I will gladly have a look at this. Is it fully Storm compatible? (Landscape/Portrait view, no keyboard lock, touch enabled...) If so do you have an OTA link for the Storm? Many thanks.
    12-20-08 03:40 PM
    Ok. Lets see if I have 10 measly post yet .

Here is the link: rexwireless.com/download (and do that http:// thingie in front.)

Thanks for taking a look. I submitted 2 ideas and they responded in a few hours. For one they were already working on it, and they gave me an ETA date, and the other they said they would put it on their books and see if there was anymore interest. Nice to have response like that.

And it is fully storm capable with no kb lock and works both horz and vert.

SidIrish
    Last edited by SidIrish; 12-20-08 at 05:08 PM.
    12-20-08 05:06 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD