I'm new to BlackBerry, smart phones, and Verizon all at once. I have four domain POP email accounts which are all working great. But most of the time I am sitting at my computer and retrieve email with my Thunderbird client (could just as easily be Outlook) and deal with the email there. But it is simultaneously being picked up by the Storm and so I have to go through deleting all of them.

Is there any easy way to have it always on as a cell phone but switch the email retrieving on and off so that it can be off until I leave the office?

Thanks for any help!

David
    01-05-09 04:16 PM
    You can go to the DM and unclick forward email to handheld device while you're at your computer. Just don't forget to turn back on when you leave. Or, you can also plug your phone into computer by USB and make sure that you've checked the box that turns forwarding off while you are connected.

other than that, don't know
    01-05-09 04:18 PM
    There's not an easy way to turn it off, but go into your bb mail, click menu, option, email reconciliation. Delete on mailbox and handheld. Somewhere in there wireless reconciliation needs to be set to on as well.
    01-05-09 04:20 PM
    Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is "DM"?

I do the delete on mailbox and handheld, though when I'm out of town I will only delete handheld so that I can have the important stuff on the main computer where it is so much easier to sort it, include attachments, etc.
    01-05-09 04:30 PM
    Sorry
    The DM is the desktop manager you should have installed on your computer
    01-05-09 04:31 PM
    You can go to the DM and unclick forward email to handheld device while you're at your computer.
    Ooh, that sounds good, but where would I find it?

My DM opening screen has these options:

Application Loader
    Media
    Backup and Restore
    Synchronize
    Device Switch Wizard
    01-05-09 06:33 PM
    Ooh, that sounds good, but where would I find it?

My DM opening screen has these options:

Application Loader
    Media
    Backup and Restore
    Synchronize
    Device Switch Wizard
    Should be under synchronize somewhere -- sorry, but I'm no longer at my office computer so I'm answering from memory.
    01-05-09 06:36 PM
    The only thing dealing with email is "reconcile messages", and even that is grayed out. I would think it would have to be something on the handheld, since I wouldn't always have it within USB cable range of the computer.

Oh well, it's only one of a long list of things I've got to learn about and/or how to live with I've got hours and hours of forum board reading to go...
    01-06-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD