I'm hoping one of you BB gurus might be able to help me out. I have been using my BB Storm to retrieve my work emails for about 4 months. Last week my company experienced some issues with their Junk Mail filters and ended up reconfiguring them on their Exchange Mail Server. Ever since then the messages that carry data between my PC and the device have been identified as Spam at the server level. Here's a copy of the Subject line from those email..."Spam: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2". Prior to last week i would get these emails and the server would automatically delete them after the mail was forwarded to my Storm. And there was no mention of "spam" in the subject line. All was good in the world. Now these emails just sit in my inbox and I get nothing on the Storm. I have put in a request to IT to see if they could tweak the filters to allow these messages through. I have not hear back from them and I'm not optimistic. Their official policy is we can use BB's but they don't support them. So here's my question...is there any way I can still get my exhange generated emails sent to my device?

A few variables to keep in mind...I can't redirect, reflect or forward emails automatically using the rules wizard. I think IT has disabled that feature. Unless I am mistaken I can't use BIS as I am trying to get mail from an Exchange server (not POP). I don't have access to any of the passwords, usernames etc, required to set up BIS anyway. I can use Google Sync for calendars but since I can't forward email to Gmail automatically, I can't sync with Gmail. Am I simply out of luck? Should I send a fruit basket to IT and hope for the best. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-09-09 11:45 AM
    Do you have access to OWA (Outlook Web Access). It's on by default for all Exchange servers. If it's available to you, you can configure your work email account in BIS to use this conduit and it'll work just fine. There will be a slight delay, but it'll work. Feed the BIS email account wizard your work email and password and see if it adds it in. If the IT guys did an "industry standard" and correct setup of Exchange with features enabled for users to benefit in any sort of situation, then it should work just fine. If you have Nazis running the IT department, well... you might be SOL then.
    02-09-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that in the "other variables" section. We don't have access to OWA. We connect to our email through a link on the corporate website via Cytrix. I'm growing more depressed by the minute.
    02-09-09 12:02 PM
    Then you're screwed. Sounds to me like they might support ActiveSync which would put you in either a WinMo device, a Palm device with Versamail version that support ActiveSync or an iPhone with OS 2.0 or higher on it that supports ActiveSync. That is, if they even support ActiveSync.

Only other option would be to forward you email to a BB device email, but that's nasty and would need to be setup on the server anyway.

I think I heard of someone using Google Sync to do some wacky setup from the inside to an outside GMail account, but I usually don't like ghetto rigged setups, so I never read up on it. It's worth a search.
    02-09-09 12:11 PM
    Man that sucks. I came from a Treo 700 and I'm not going back. If they don't honor my request to tweak the filters I'll just have to take my boss' advice and actually "unplug" at the end of the day. Non techies don't seem to understand that it's actually less stressful to check into email periodically at night rather than deal with a mountain of emails in the morning. Oh well.
    02-09-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD