I can't answer a call quickly to save my life.

The Storm rings and I go to pick it up off my desk or out of my pocket and as I'm going to press the answer button on the touchscreen, the accelerometer kicks in and the answer buttons appears in a different area. I fell like I'm playing "cat and mouse".

I have even tried to just press the "green phone" key and it takes a couple jabs to activate a call.

**Instead of WPM (words per minute) they should have a competition on APM (answers per minute)**
    11-26-08 02:17 PM
    OH MY GOODNESS, I thought it was just me!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for mentioning this. Is it a Blackberry thing or what? I can end a call in a heartbeat, but trying to answer one takes some persistence.
    11-26-08 02:18 PM
    I dunno, my phone rings, I hit the green button, call gets answered. I haven't had any problems with mine.
    11-26-08 02:24 PM
    Guys, I'm sorry- but if this isn't an indication of how inefficient that phone is, I don't know what is.
    11-26-08 02:24 PM
    .. you just push the button. Never once have i had a problem with it.

If you do, its a malfunctioning device
    11-26-08 02:25 PM
    Guys, I'm sorry- but if this isn't an indication of how inefficient that phone is, I don't know what is.
    just because some people either dont know how to answer a phone or doesn't have a completely functioning device doesnt meant its inefficient? Incase you haven't looked at the polls, over 85% of the people who have it are very happy with it.
    11-26-08 02:26 PM
    i'm trying to train myself to not change the orientation of the phone when it rings because of the accelerometer. Hasn't been a huge issue, but every now and then it causes a problem
    11-26-08 02:27 PM
    No, it's not a BB thing. It's a touchscreen accelerometer thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 02:28 PM
    No, it's not a BB thing. It's a touchscreen accelerometer thing.

then just don't turn the phone when you answer it? The phone automatically goes in to portrait if its in landscape anyway
    11-26-08 02:30 PM
    I dunno, my phone rings, I hit the green button, call gets answered. I haven't had any problems with mine.
    LOL that's what my experience has been too
    11-26-08 02:30 PM
    ...85% of the people who have it are very happy with it.
    And of the remaining 15%, what percentage is user error problems?
    11-26-08 02:32 PM
    then just don't turn the phone when you answer it? The phone automatically goes in to portrait if its in landscape anyway
    Try this and see how long it takes to answer the phone.

Put it in lock mode and turn it so it's in landscape. Let the screen fade out and then call that phone. See how long it takes to answer by whatever means you want. You might have a flawless device, but a lot of us don't and will miss calls because the damn acccelerometer is trying to do it's thing.
    11-26-08 02:38 PM
    Try this and see how long it takes to answer the phone.

Put it in lock mode and turn it so it's in landscape. Let the screen fade out and then call that phone. See how long it takes to answer by whatever means you want. You might have a flawless device, but a lot of us don't and will miss calls because the damn acccelerometer is trying to do it's thing.
    I just pushed the green button... it took about half a second but jumped to portrait with the call going

Like I said, you have a defective device, its not the storm itself
    11-26-08 02:42 PM
    And of the remaining 15%, what percentage is user error problems?
    No idea. heres the poll

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...g-storm-99404/
    11-26-08 02:43 PM
    My electromagnetic fields 2 final exam was definitely the most confusing thing i've ever done.

answering my storm is err... easy?
    11-26-08 02:47 PM
    It is merely impossible to not have the accelerometer kick in when pulling the phone out of your pocket

11-26-08 02:56 PM
    OH MY GOODNESS, I thought it was just me!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for mentioning this. Is it a Blackberry thing or what? I can end a call in a heartbeat, but trying to answer one takes some persistence.
    I've had the same problem. Hopefully it gets fixed.
    11-26-08 02:58 PM
    Ummmm... I click answer and the there is a voice in the speaker from the caller.

Very simple!
    11-26-08 02:59 PM
    I don't know . . I just tested it unlocked, locked and moving it around -- if I use the hard green button seems to work fine. I can see where the touch button would be a pain as it changes orientation until you answer.
    11-26-08 03:01 PM
    I think the Accelerometer is the ROOT of most of the Problems with this phone.
    11-26-08 03:03 PM
    Thanks... my question was kind of rhetorical
    11-26-08 03:04 PM
    just because some people either dont know how to answer a phone or doesn't have a completely functioning device doesnt meant its inefficient? Incase you haven't looked at the polls, over 85% of the people who have it are very happy with it.
    When the Bold or the Curve came out, did people have to post a thread because of problems answering an incoming call? I'd be surprised.

That 85% figure is misleading. First of all, 52% of that is from people who are holding out that RIM will fix some things in the future. It's a loaded question. They're saying they are satisfied, but they are still crossing their fingers for more.

Secondly, these polls are from people who are still in the honeymoon phase with the device. Give it a few months and see if those numbers go down.
    11-26-08 03:09 PM
    I don't have my storm yet. can you do a video and post it? I want my storm so bad.
    11-26-08 03:12 PM
    When the Bold or the Curve came out, did people have to post a thread because of problems answering an incoming call? I'd be surprised.

That 85% figure is misleading. First of all, 52% of that is from people who are holding out that RIM will fix some things in the future. It's a loaded question. They're saying they are satisfied, but they are still crossing their fingers for more.

Secondly, these polls are from people who are still in the honeymoon phase with the device. Give it a few months and see if those numbers go down.
    of course they didn't have problems, they dont have a touch screen, accelerometer, etc. etc.

I understand why the accelerometer would get in the way of answering a call, but if you push the green button, theres nothing affecting that?

And that 52% of people think its a great phone but know that there are things to fix. Its the first generation phone of something new for RIM, there are problems, we all know this. Doesn't mean its not a great phone though
    11-26-08 03:13 PM
    i have the same issue. i need to hit the answer button 2 or 3 times before it picks up. that is how you answer the phone isn't it?
    11-26-08 03:14 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD