hey just got my storm in the past week and noticed wut everyoen else seems to have....the bottom of the screen near BB button is not as clickable as any part of teh screen....im still under 30 days...it doesnt bother me that much other than wen i wana back space when in landscape i feel like im breaking the screen lol....should i get another n risk sumthing else being wrong with teh replacement OR just tough it out cu zi got insurance on it?
    01-10-09 11:56 AM
    search torx screw fix, business card fix, or electrical tape....
    01-10-09 11:57 AM
    i heard torx screw fix may mess it up in the future and i ll try the card one...wut is the electrical tape one u speak of?
    01-10-09 12:00 PM
    i heard torx screw fix may mess it up in the future and i ll try the card one...wut is the electrical tape one u speak of?
    Who said that the torx screw may "mess it up in the future"? I wanted to try that since I am worried about warping the Storm's back cover and the closing latch over time with an object (card, felt pad etc.) Inserted in between.

So what exactly doed "messing it up in the future" mean? if you are referring to readjusting the screws every once in a while, that's not a screw-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 12:07 PM
    im just refering to what i read on the forums
    some ppl belive it may cause problems in the future
    i was just asking if i shuld just get new one since im under 30 days
    or wait n see hwo ti turns out since i got insurance
    01-10-09 12:25 PM
    Who said that the torx screw may "mess it up in the future"? I wanted to try that since I am worried about warping the Storm's back cover and the closing latch over time with an object (card, felt pad etc.) Inserted in between.

So what exactly doed "messing it up in the future" mean? if you are referring to readjusting the screws every once in a while, that's not a screw-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All of these fixes may need additional fixing and re-adjusting in the future. After all, they're not things you're SUPPOSED to be doing to your phone. The good news is all can be changed or set back to normal.

The screw fix may have a tendency to loosen the screen too much, but you can always tighten them again (just be VERY careful not to strip the screw). The card fix can, and probably will over time, warp the back cover. But you can always get a new back cover.

These are very mild fixes and aren't going to "mess up" your phone. That said, why not order a replacement? You shouldn't have to do any of these fixes for a working phone. I'm on my 4th Storm and it finally works flawlessly with no issues. Lovin it.
    01-10-09 12:27 PM
    k thx for the info

iim going to just get a replacement
    your right i shuldnt have to fix a product that shuld b fine hardware wise

but shuld i go into verizon store to get replacement OR call?
    i dont wana b with out a phone i deff need one for work
    is their a difference between the 2
    01-10-09 12:30 PM
    I have yet to have had any storm that I torx fixed, to loosen, an I have done quite a bit. Going on almost 2 months on mine an the screws haven't move at all.
    01-10-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD