While I'm reluctant to open yet ANOTHER thread about the Storm's irremovable shutter sound, I'm going to throw out a question to the Blackberry die-hards around the forum. Everyone's workaround so far for the shutter sound has been either obscuring the sound, rerouting the sound through headphones or using an application that bypasses the camera utility (and has marginal compatibility and reliability at best).

I am throwing out a possible solution I used to use in the past with all my cellphones. See, the shutter sound is just that, a sound file located somewhere on the phone. If you can find that file inside the system architecture and replace it with a blank sound file, then the phone will play the sound when taking a photograph, but that sound will be nothing.

My question is if anyone knows the location of such a sound file and if not, what applications might allow me system file access to the phone through my computer.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    07-13-09 03:52 PM
    I don't know, but it would be nice to edit some sound files.
    Last edited by 21productionz; 07-13-09 at 04:24 PM.
    07-13-09 04:21 PM
    I'm pretty sure people have tried that and the file fails a checksum or something and it doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 05:41 PM
    People have been looking for a work around for this; but so far no solution.
    07-13-09 05:44 PM
    I don't understand the fixation with getting rid of the sound...
    07-13-09 06:01 PM
    I don't understand the fixation with getting rid of the sound...
    The ability to take pictures silently for benign purposes (as if).
    07-13-09 06:03 PM
    I want mine louder or maybe it could yell an expletive as the picture is taken.
    07-13-09 06:06 PM
    I want mine louder or maybe it could yell an expletive as the picture is taken.
    Would be even better if you could use random expletives.
    07-13-09 06:08 PM
    Would be even better if you could use random expletives.
    Is there an app for that?

</me ducks>
    07-13-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD