So with all these leaks, would Verizon void any kind of warranty or insurance on it because its not their official OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 11:24 AM
    Who cares? Before you send your phone back just clear everything and reload the latest known OFFICIAL update.

Should not be any problems at all.
    03-11-09 11:47 AM
    Technically yes it can void the warranty if the rep you go see is having a bad day. However, like STORM NJ stated, just roll it back to .75 (or corresponding official OS at the time) if you ever want to return your phone.
    03-11-09 12:46 PM
    Verizon tech told me only hardware mods would void the warranty. He actually recommended that I install a beta, as he had.

03-11-09 01:15 PM
    i was talking to a tech on the phone he said the updates do not void the waranty because they ARE rim updates. but just to be safe you should roll back the os anyway
    03-11-09 01:18 PM
    You would think that after 114 upgrades they might have it right by now?
    03-11-09 01:24 PM
    You would think for someone who has as many post as you do and been around since December you should know that this isn't the final update. We already know about other updates they have and no one knows what the "official" update is.

My God, this is talked about all the time!
    03-11-09 01:29 PM
    They are not "updates" but different builds of the code. Most companies have multiple builds of software each day on particular projects.

However, yes, you would expect things to improve as they go along but I don't think the Storm OS has been going that way.
    03-11-09 01:31 PM
    Only wanted to know to ask what's the best os to install. Sorry for so many repeat threads

03-11-09 01:37 PM
    why would you want to return your phone if you are running a leaked version? I heard that if you bring it back with .75, they will tell you to go install a leaked software and see if that works it out for you! ;-)
    03-11-09 01:37 PM
    Well my storm went threw a windshield and ever since that every things even more f'd up then the usual. Just hoping a new os would fix it, if not then the kids auto insurance will pay the 50 to get a new one. I'm still running .75

03-11-09 02:07 PM
    Only wanted to know to ask what's the best os to install. Sorry for so many repeat threads

No problems here with .114 at all. kinks not evident on mine. But in all honesty i havent had an issue with any of the leaked updates. give the last one a try you can always downgrade, just follow the instructions here in these forums.
    03-11-09 02:08 PM
    Well my storm went threw a windshield and ever since that every things even more f'd up then the usual. Just hoping a new os would fix it, if not then the kids auto insurance will pay the 50 to get a new one. I'm still running .75

Replace the phone, they are not designed to survive and work normally after it is used to make a hole through a windshield.
    03-11-09 02:20 PM
    I dnt know how to quote on cb mobile but my my wifes head made the hole. Anyways thanks for the help guys

03-11-09 02:46 PM
    I had to laugh. The phone went through the windshield. Updating your OS isn't going to help
    03-11-09 02:50 PM
    Its alrite I'm just shocked it still works

03-11-09 03:14 PM
    I had to laugh. The phone went through the windshield. Updating your OS isn't going to help
    true story lol.
    03-11-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD