So far I have been flying through customizing my new storm to my liking. I am coming from a pearl 8130, and i have some questions. Also, yes i have searched and I could not find what i was looking for.

-Where is that thread that someone posted about how to set screen settings and other misc. settings to improve overall ease of use, typing, etc.? It was really awesome, but now i cant find it.

-my ringtones that i had on my previous memory card in my pearl that are in the "ringtones" folder are only showing up in the music section of my storm. how do i get the storm to recognize the separate folder for just ringtones?

-I like my message folders separated. I have MMS, my gmail inbox, and "messages" as separate folders. on my pearl, i would only use the messages folder to clear out a missed call or a voicemail, and would mainly use the MMS and email inbox icons. Now on my storm, my gmail emails are not going to my inbox at all, they are only showing up in the "messages" folder. anyone know why? i am not using the gmail app, i just like my texts and my emails to be in separate locations.

thanks in advance!
    02-06-09 04:13 PM
    1. peruse this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ult...s-only-100612/

There's a bunch of others too.

2. You can select any song in Music folder and press BB button. There will be an option to set as ringtone. Also, try putting them directly in the ringtone folder.

3. In Options in Email-> general options->SMS and email inboxes -> Choose separate
    02-06-09 04:45 PM
    So far I have been flying through customizing my new storm to my liking. I am coming from a pearl 8130, and i have some questions. Also, yes i have searched and I could not find what i was looking for.

-Where is that thread that someone posted about how to set screen settings and other misc. settings to improve overall ease of use, typing, etc.? It was really awesome, but now i cant find it.
    Try This

Try them settings on there bud to improve typing
    02-06-09 05:01 PM
    thanks for the quick reply. That thread is exactly what i was looking for.

My ringtones ARE in the ringtones folder on the microsd card. the only problem is, when i go to media on the storm, then click ringtones, they aren't there. they only show up in "music" I dont know how to make my storm realize that there is a separate ringtone folder with rintones in it. I dont want my ringtones mixed in with my music collection.

To clarify my email issue, my folders are separated. The issue is when i get a new email, it only appears in the Messages folder, and not my "[email protected]" inbox icon.
    02-06-09 05:02 PM
    nevermind, i fixed my email issue by resending the service books, updating the host routing table, and doing a reset.

i still haven't figured out how to make my phone automatically pull ringtones from the ringtones folder on the microsd card. the phone treats the ringtones folder as music folder.
    02-06-09 08:09 PM
    ok i figured it out. as soon as i got my storm, i copied and pasted all of my microsd contents to the new card in the storm. apparently, i did this before the storm established its own music, ringtones, pictures, etc. folders. all of my original BB\microsd\blackberry contents were in BB\microsd\blackberry\music\blackberry\xxx.

all i did was manually move the files where they should be in the root directory instead of two extra sub folders, and the problem was resolved. my storm now recognizes my ringtones folder as ringtones, and not just as music.
    02-08-09 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD