Made in Canada and it�s my first replacement. First phone was perfect except for very large amounts of dust under the screen. Looks like I am sending this one back.

Old on the left and new on the right.

12-17-08 02:59 AM
    It looks like the one on the right has a much better screen, but maybe the pictures are deceiving. IMO, the left one looks washed out and the right one looks like more solid colors and the right one also seems to be built better because I don't see as much light escaping from the cracks/edges.

Anybody else have an opinion on these two devices?
    12-17-08 03:32 AM
    yeah, the one on the right looks a lot better to me too..
    12-17-08 03:33 AM
    ^^^I agree 100%. But as previously stated, pictures can be deceiving.
    12-17-08 03:35 AM
    I just don't like the yellow tint on everything.
    Last edited by Crackafied; 12-17-08 at 03:46 AM.
    12-17-08 03:39 AM
    The one on the right looks great. I've got the "yellow" one, and IMO side by side with the other it looks 10x better. Much truer blacks, and the colors are richer and more defined. Looks to be the case with yours. To each their own though.
    12-17-08 03:44 AM
    I have a question. What did the screen brightness was set at and was it set the same on both phones. To me it looks like the one on the left is just set to be brighter.
    12-17-08 03:47 AM
    I just don't like th yellow tint on everything.
    To each their own. If you don't like it then you should choose the one that fits you best.

I do have a question for you though. Does it seem like the newer one is a better build quality? For example, the light doesn't seem to seep through the cracks/edges as much as your older one. Or is that just an illusion considering the angle of those pictures?
    12-17-08 03:48 AM
    Well when I took the picture I had to expose for the one on the right. Thus the one on the left is washed out. If I exposed for the one on the left the phone on the right is real dark..

See what I'm saying

12-17-08 03:48 AM
    I have a question. What did the screen brightness was set at and was it set the same on both phones. To me it looks like the one on the left is just set to be brighter.
    They where both set to the same settings.
    12-17-08 03:50 AM
    To each their own. If you don't like it then you should choose the one that fits you best.

I do have a question for you though. Does it seem like the newer one is a better build quality? For example, the light doesn't seem to seep through the cracks/edges as much as your older one. Or is that just an illusion considering the angle of those pictures?

It's because the one on the right is much dimmer. If you angle it just right you can see the light isn't as bright when I compare it to the one on the left.

They both click the same the though. If it wasn't for dust I would have kept my first one.
    12-17-08 03:52 AM
    It's because the one on the right is much dimmer. If you angle it just right you can see the light isn't as bright when I compare it to the one on the left.

They both click the same the though. If it wasn't for dust I would have kept my first one.
    Ohh. That makes sense. I'm wondering if all these changes were done on purpose or if this is just a luck of the draw type of thing.

Guess we really can't figure that out. Anyway, I hope the new one doesn't give you the same dust problems!
    12-17-08 03:55 AM
    Thanks me too.
    12-17-08 04:07 AM
    They where both set to the same settings.
    one other question i forgot to ask is: Was the automatic light adjustment on or off..... not sure what that is called......
    12-17-08 04:11 AM
    one other question i forgot to ask is: Was the automatic light adjustment on or off..... not sure what that is called......
    If you look in the first picture, you can see that he has the automatic light adjustment to off.
    12-17-08 04:17 AM
    I find it funny, below the font style it says "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.". Dunno if anyone noticed, but it uses every letter in the alphabet.
    12-17-08 07:14 AM
    I just don't like the yellow tint on everything.

There are two screens I have experienced. It seesm you are experiencing them as well. One had a bluer tint, one had a yellower tint. The yellower tint phone was brighter when both on high backlight settings and actually looked better. The whites looked more white etc etc.
    12-17-08 07:47 AM
    The one on the right def has a crisper screen better color imo
    12-17-08 08:45 AM
    I find it funny, below the font style it says "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.". Dunno if anyone noticed, but it uses every letter in the alphabet.
    LoL... learned this back in the fifth grade when they taught us how to type!
    12-17-08 08:54 AM
    I also noticed the difference on my replacement. My first unit has the blue tint, while the replacement has the yellow tint.

At first, I thought my replacement had the better screen but if you look at the sample pictures side by side, IMO the blue tint screen is far better.

Suggest you do the comparison to see for yourself, but think you have a better screen on your replacement than original IMHO.
    12-17-08 09:00 AM
    I have this issue as well with the blue screen.. My mothers phone has the yellow tint and is much brighter.. Also it looks like it is much sharper than mine. If you use the picture of the lion sitting in the field and set the phones side by side, you will see a huge difference in the color of those 2 photos. The difference in the pics with more green colors isn't as dramatic
    12-17-08 05:42 PM
    Not to bring up an iPhone comparison again, but didn't something like this happen with an iPhone update that changed the temperature color of the screen? I remember them saying that it was to give the screen a "warmer" appearance or something like that. Does anyone remember that? Is this a color temperature thing, or a defect? Sorry, kind of ignorant about colors and temperatures.
    12-17-08 06:10 PM
    It is definitely an issue with color temperature..

blue tint are cool colors and the yellowish tint is a warmer color.. there must be a secret menu of some kind to change the calibration of the screen such as color temperature. It has to be adjustable in some way..
    12-17-08 06:37 PM
    I just got my 2nd replacement due to the click issue, I think its screen is like the one on the right, it looks brighter and crisp, I wouldn't call it washout though. I think my previous ones had a warmer screen. Anyhow, although the screen is different it doesn't bother me. I am just glad that phone has the clickability that everybody is talking about!
    Last edited by haris163; 12-17-08 at 08:29 PM.
    12-17-08 07:40 PM
    Well I guess I will just keep it. I'm tired of sending phones back.
    12-18-08 12:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD